What now?
Mar 10, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Vedder323
yes they are... you have heard them?

Well, he might not have heard them, or he just dislikes sticking anything inside his ears.

Mar 10, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by MuZI
Maybe they don`t make headphones worth over $45 for the music i listen to.

Don't be so helpless.

HD555 should be a good choice but it's brand new and all we heard so far is a couple of favorable comments. All I can say is that you will have problem getting enough volume out of portable CD player, so you will need amp. You can use what you have for now and think about upgrading later.
And I believe Sennheiser makes sturdy headphones so don't have to worry about it.

Another choice is Grado SR-80 or 125, they can be easily driven by portable player, and great choice for rock and hiphop for their punchy bass and direct presentation. They will also benefit from amp so later you can upgrade with good amp.
Probably they are not "sturdy" but because of its rather simple construction, it's hard to break.

I don't think you will regret either way....

Mar 10, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #35 of 39
I can wait and get the HD 555 in like 5 months, or get the SR 225 within a few days. Which one do you guys think?

Also how long is the warrenty in grados? Do they last long?

Mar 10, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #36 of 39
since you are going to go portable, do you think it wise to get an open headphone if you will be travelling with others (like cars, planes, trains, buses).

Even then the SR225 may be overkill. But you definitely want a low impedance set of headphones. In the $100 range you have MS-1, SR80, SR125, K240S, DT531, etc. No, I would not advise the V6 as it may be too strident with portable devices (especially as the batteries run down).

For "weird" cans the HP910 sometimes comes up on Ebay for under $50, new.

Mar 10, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #38 of 39
I could care less if everyone else hears my music, i`m jsut worried about warrenties and quality of construction.

Mar 11, 2004 at 11:16 PM Post #39 of 39
I listend to the
Sony MDR-V700DJ

and they sound great, but they have por construction, do the SR 225 sound as good as these or are they in a different genre of music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back