What Kind of K240 Is This?
Nov 26, 2007 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ecclesand

Headphoneus Supremus
Picture from ebay....

d19b_1.jpg

Is this a newer Sextett or perhaps a DF?

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 16
Going by the headband I'd say that's a late production Sextett. Looks to be in pretty good shape too.

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 16
this is the non-Studio(s) version that is selling right now. so i would say this is an older version.

Nov 26, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #8 of 16
If the rings are silver, it's a sextett. Period.

The ridged rather than square cable, and the solid rather than holey headband to me would suggest late production sextett, but sextett none the less.

Nov 26, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep.. that's the same type of sextett I have. My headband is loose though and I'm having trouble getting a replacement
frown.gif
Good catch (I had my eye on it
tongue.gif
)!

Loose? like how?

If it's just lost it's spring, new elastics are cheap and plentiful, part 2040M0303

If it's the headband, iirc that's like $7. The K240-DF headband won't clash with the silver rings, part number 2058Z0901

The guy to call is Frank Rodriguez. He's a good guy but he's dealing with insufficient resources and an inventory & order trakcing system spawned by Satan's own dumb minions.

If parts are in stock when you call, you're probably golden, unless they're K271S velours, in which case they will never fully materialize no matter what happens.

If the parts are not in stock, hang up and call back in a few weeks. AKG part backorders disappear into Darkest Africa never to return.

Anyway, here's the contact info.

FRodrigu@harman.com
Ph: 818-920-3279
Fax: 818-920-3208

(Oh, and Frank claims as of 11/21/07 that K271S pads are in stock. I don't believe him for a second. If my missing pad materializes somehow on my porch, I MIGHT believe him.)

Nov 26, 2007 at 12:46 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's just lost it's spring, new elastics are cheap and plentiful, part 2040M0303

That's what I thought too, but I've had elastics on backorder for over 4 months now.

Nov 26, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Loose? like how?

If it's the headband, iirc that's like $7. The K240-DF headband won't clash with the silver rings, part number 2058Z0901

The guy to call is Frank Rodriguez. He's a good guy but he's dealing with insufficient resources and an inventory & order trakcing system spawned by Satan's own dumb minions.

If parts are in stock when you call, you're probably golden, unless they're K271S velours, in which case they will never fully materialize no matter what happens.

If the parts are not in stock, hang up and call back in a few weeks. AKG part backorders disappear into Darkest Africa never to return.

FRodrigu@harman.com

(Oh, and Frank claims as of 11/21/07 that K271S pads are in stock. I don't believe him for a second. If my missing pad materializes somehow on my porch, I MIGHT believe him.)

Thanks for the info! It sounds like I just need the elastics
biggrin.gif
It's just lost it's "spring" and is too large for my head. I'll give Mr. Rodriguez a call. Also, are the elastics easy to install? Thanks for the help!

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Loose? like how?

FRodrigu@harman.com

Thanks for all the part numbers...just in case I need them. By the way, you can get the velours for the K271S from Headroom....

AKG K271 S Cushions /Pair @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Frank @ Harman is a pretty good guy. When I called about my 271S velours (after a month and a half), he overnighted them to me and ate the extra shipping cost. I think the problem is with Harman's systems, not him.

Nov 27, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #15 of 16
It's already been confirmed by others, but yes it is a sextett.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I thought too, but I've had elastics on backorder for over 4 months now.

They still haven't arrived? Elastics have been one of the easiest parts for me to get a hold of. After a week or so once I'm caught up on cable work, just go ahead and bring or send your phones to me and I'll put that cable on like we were talking, and replace the elastics with some out of my stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info! It sounds like I just need the elastics
biggrin.gif
It's just lost it's "spring" and is too large for my head. I'll give Mr. Rodriguez a call. Also, are the elastics easy to install? Thanks for the help!

Pretty easy. To get them off you'll need to pop the metal badges on each side off with a thin flat object (like a hobby knife), unscrew the outer plastic cover, unscrew the bigger screw underneath it to separate the headband from the earcup, and finally unscrew the round plastic piece that clamps the other end of the elastic to the headband. Put a new elastic on (there's a little round edge on the back side of the end of the headband that the elastic wraps around, so it doesn't get pinched or caught on the screw), and then screw everything back together. Clean off any chunks of the old glue, and use something simple like white school glue to stick the badges back on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the problem is with Harman's systems, not him.

Yes, it's an absolutely horrendous system, but it's more cathartic to yell at a person than to silently curse the inventory system.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back