What do you guys do (JOB)??
May 27, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #196 of 211
Associate Professor at a University in the DFW area, teaching various MBA classes, including,

1. Legal Environment of Business

2. Law and Business in the European Union

3. International Business Transactions

May 27, 2004 at 2:21 AM Post #197 of 211
Associate Professor at a university in the DFW area, teaching various MBA classes, including,

May 27, 2004 at 3:51 AM Post #198 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
Associate Professor at a university in the DFW area, teaching various MBA classes, including,

Obviously working night and day shifts....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

May 27, 2004 at 9:05 AM Post #200 of 211
The dreaded sales ass[ociate] at a much maligned large consumer electronics company
tongue.gif
Also hoping to get a part time business going. I eventually want to be an entrepeneur (well, maybe if I learn how to spell it) since I don't want to have to work for somebody else if I don't have to.

May 27, 2004 at 1:16 PM Post #202 of 211
Sales Manager in a Harley-Davidson Dealership. Was a language teacher (French, English) for 10 yrs but gave it up for a job that allowed me to buy food.
eek.gif

May 27, 2004 at 5:24 PM Post #204 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
Was a worn out manager. Am now a Gentleman of Leasure (GOL).

Are there any good sites where one might search for the latter kind of job?..
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #206 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
Attempting to start a home-based PC repair/upgrade/system building business.

I thought seriously about doing that at one point, back in the early to mid 90's. Back then there might have been a market... these days, it seems to me the chances of success are very slim -- too many people with basic knowledge, or who know somebody who can help 'em for free, and many people buying Dells and just throwing them away when it's time to upgrade... PC's have gotten too cheap. Nevertheless, I wish ya the best of luck. What do you plan to do as far as licensing OS's to put on people's machines?

May 27, 2004 at 9:19 PM Post #208 of 211
Manual Labor; building windows.

If I had any doubts that most humans are weak, lazy, and stupid, these doubts faded away after working in a factory. It's not that hard to move faster than old people ******, and it's not that hard to count to 56. But yet, about 2/3 of the workforce in my factory can't seem to do it.

May 27, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #209 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek

If I had any doubts that most humans are weak, lazy, and stupid, these doubts faded away after working in a factory. It's not that hard to move faster than old people ******, and it's not that hard to count to 56. But yet, about 2/3 of the workforce in my factory can't seem to do it.

Hi Sduibek,

I teach in two universities at the master's degree level (don't worry all that is done in French
biggrin.gif
) and at the last lecture I prononced in a recent researchers reunion they even said that I was pretty promising in the academical world... You know what, I could never wrote what you just did.

I'll give you that at your age I might have think in those terms. But now I see how wrong I was. You can even be wiser than me and «rethink now» about those «old people» that are doing this type of job before you were even born.

Amicalement

May 27, 2004 at 11:30 PM Post #210 of 211
Retired from the Marine Corps Reserve last year after a quick tour in Iraq.
Now a Junior High and High School Band Director. A job I'm returning to after a long time off.
I'm one of those people who enjoy their job. Would I do anything else? I don't know. I'm enjoying this right now. Give me a couple of years and we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back