What book are you reading right now?
Jul 19, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #647 of 5,358
I've just finished "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley ( in english btw.. ) , very good novel...pretty easy language and style even for a non native speaker...i had an harder time reading "Hard times " ..
biggrin.gif
sorry for the stupid joke...

Jul 19, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #648 of 5,358
I'm looking for a book... I'm 16 and I haven't read a lot in my short life. But I do know I loved The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon.
Any suggestions? It needs to be fun to read...
Thanks
P.S: I rather it to be a realistic book and not fantasy.

Jul 19, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #649 of 5,358
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a book... I'm 16 and I haven't read a lot in my short life. But I do know I loved The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon.
Thanks

Michael Crichton. Start with Jurassic Park and work your way out from there.

Jul 20, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #651 of 5,358
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks

Read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. About a nine year old boy whose father is killed in 9/11 attack. Similar style to The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. Very good.

Aug 17, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #656 of 5,358
Finally on a new book after spending most of my summer with Thomas Friedman's, "The World Is Flat." A really great book about globalization and associated issues. I found myself reading segments two and three times. Highly recommended. (especially interesting in the context of the Olympics in China...) I'm now reading "The Thirteen American Arguments" by Howard Fineman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back