Dec 11, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #5,311 of 5,345
Upton Sinclair - One Clear Call.png
The 9th book in this great series, covers the time period 1943-1944. Germany
is fighting on two fronts and working on the V1/V2 rockets; both Germany and
the US are working on nuclear fission. The Allies are pushing Rommel around
in Northern Africa. The holocaust is still somewhat of a theory and hasn't been
covered in detail, yet.

Dec 11, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #5,312 of 5,345
Bought a few books on Noir movies from Amazon. Been going through this one on and off:

IMG_20231211_155448049~2.jpg

Dec 30, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #5,315 of 5,345
Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 12.08.20.png
#10 in the series (out of 11 books total). It's November 1944. FDR just got
elected to his 4th term as President. Allied Forces are crossing the Moselle
River headed eastward.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #5,318 of 5,345
Upton Sinclair - One Clear Call.png
The 9th book in this great series, covers the time period 1943-1944. Germany
is fighting on two fronts and working on the V1/V2 rockets; both Germany and
the US are working on nuclear fission. The Allies are pushing Rommel around
in Northern Africa. The holocaust is still somewhat of a theory and hasn't been
covered in detail, yet. For me, books of such genre have always been interesting, like history in general. It's good that I have history classes in my university and can always find out something new, or read a good book. The thing is that pretty often I also have to write different papers, and reading helps a lot. Some time ago when I faced a problem with such a task, I came across https://ca.papersowl.com/pay-for-essay which is the best service for me to pay for essays and receive professional help. I work on my skills, and it's getting better, but still, when I have some problems, I use help. But actually, now I'm working on one paper, and so far I have managed to do everything without help.
I started reading World's End - the first book in the series and I really like it. I've heard some positive reviews about the Lanny Budd series and I'm really glad that I started reading it.
What book from the series do you like the most so far?

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #5,319 of 5,345
I started reading World's End - the first book in the series and I really like it. I've heard some positive reviews about the Lanny Budd series and I'm really glad that I started reading it.
What book from the series do you like the most so far?
The most fun were the early volumes, when Lanny was younger and exploring and learning about the world. The war (WW1 and 2) volumes are exciting because he's contributing in his own way. In between, the stories can lag a bit, when he's just traveling around staying in contact with friends and associates. I am on book #10 now and don't regret reading the series. It also let me practice my French, German and Italian languages. Happy reading.

Oh, and welcome to Head-Fi. :)

Jan 18, 2024 at 4:28 AM Post #5,321 of 5,345
Screenshot_1.png

Recently, I have become very interested in the cryptocurrency industry and I decided to look into this topic to have an idea of what it is and how to make money from it. Just now, wherever you look, every third person is somehow connected with cryptocurrency. Someone just buys it sure that in the near future, it will be a full-fledged means of payment, instead of conventional money. And someone independently mines cryptocurrency and receives for it a certain income based on the calculations of https://ultramining.com/en/crypto-calc/bitcoin/. An entertaining book that tells about influential players in the crypto industry, interesting cases, and high-profile trials. The reader will learn about how millionaires invested in energy projects and how enthusiasts from scratch have created popular networks. The topics of the use of virtual assets in banks and distributed registries are touched upon. In general, the book is imbued with the spirit of freeing money from the power of "financial gatekeepers".

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #5,325 of 5,345
Floyd Toole - Sound Reproduction, Loudspeakers & Rooms.

Screenshot_20240205-220842.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back