What book are you reading right now?
Mar 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #3,496 of 5,346
  did you get words of radiance yet? Its not out here until the 6th. 

I had originally thought that the book was 696 pages because it was printed that way on amazon.
I just had a look there at the reviews and it is 1088 pages! Great news! I do love a long book. This is 
going to be epic! Cant wait. 

Gotta love hefting a giant tome! I have tried to read on a tablet, but nothing beats the feel and smell of paper for me. 

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #3,497 of 5,346

No question...It was early in his writing career though.

did you get words of radiance yet? Its not out here until the 6th. 

I had originally thought that the book was 696 pages because it was printed that way on amazon.
I just had a look there at the reviews and it is 1088 pages! Great news! I do love a long book. This is 
going to be epic! Cant wait. 

I have the Audio book....I have 6 hours left of my re-read of Way of Kings so I should be starting it Thursday. What a great story!  I will likely pick up the hardcover in a couple of weeks. The Author is doing a release tour and I hope to pick up one of his autographed copies at the end of the month in Milwaukee. He usually signs some extra's and leaves them at the Bookstore he does the signing at.

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #3,498 of 5,346
I'm currently reading The Dark Tower 1 The Gunslinger, Stephen King.
I'm of the opinion that King is a fantastic writer, not perfect, has his weak points, but I've never had less than a great time with his work. Christine is my favourite so far. "A haunted car? Preposterous!" I like it more for it's study of the arse end of childhood,and the beginning of adulthood, the trials and tribulations of young men, coming of age, claiming power from parents and becoming a man, etc etc. It's a damn fine read I reckon 
cool.gif

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #3,499 of 5,346
  I'm currently reading The Dark Tower 1 The Gunslinger, Stephen King.
I'm of the opinion that King is a fantastic writer, not perfect, has his weak points, but I've never had less than a great time with his work. Christine is my favourite so far. "A haunted car? Preposterous!" I like it more for it's study of the arse end of childhood,and the beginning of adulthood, the trials and tribulations of young men, coming of age, claiming power from parents and becoming a man, etc etc. It's a damn fine read I reckon 
cool.gif

Great series, Seifer01. Don't know if this is your first time with this series or if you are re- reading it but the first book is the weakest in the series, IMO. Still a fun read.

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #3,500 of 5,346
i liked the first book although it is short, the second i think was my fav

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #3,501 of 5,346
  i liked the first book although it is short, the second i think was my fav

Agreed.Drawing of the Three was really when things started to ramp up. I think the next two King books I get involved with will be 11/22/63 or From a Buick 8. I have read the latter and really dig it. Almost has a Tommyknockers kind of vibe to it for me. I would love to get Buick 8 in the Cemetary Dance slipcase edition some day. Bernie Wrightson art on the cover, not sure if he does any interior illustrations in it.

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #3,502 of 5,346
All done, holy %^#$. :blink:

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #3,503 of 5,346
Mar 6, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #3,505 of 5,346
You blasted through 1088 pages already!!??  Did He do justice to the first book?

It got here a day early through his signature release program (and FedEx overnight shipping), but I'm a very fast reader. :xf_eek: Bluntly put, it's better than the first, and despite its girth didn't seem long enough. I'll just leave it at that because I hate spoilers.

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #3,506 of 5,346

You blasted through 1088 pages already!!??  Did He do justice to the first book?

It got here a day early through his signature release program (and FedEx overnight shipping), but I'm a very fast reader.
redface.gif
Bluntly put, it's better than the first, and despite its girth didn't seem long enough. I'll just leave it at that because I hate spoilers.

Starting it today!

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #3,507 of 5,346
yea i bought the kindle addition - buying the hardback tomorrow. 300 pages in and its brilliant so far 

Mar 6, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #3,510 of 5,346
  yea i bought the kindle addition - buying the hardback tomorrow. 300 pages in and its brilliant so far 

I am loving Words of Radiance so far. Glad I re-read Way of Kings first so I could roll right into it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back