What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 15, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #135,556 of 136,073
thrudvangar-Vegvisir-2020.jpg

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #135,561 of 136,073
Inspired, motivated to further search, or reminded by many fine posts in this thread of all categories I have reached out in PM's to a few and just want to thank and motivate all contributors to keep up your sharing what sounds great to you and yours knowing it is appreciated.

Specifically, most recently @PoSR77 LTN post with Makoto Ozone, I really do love this "Spring Is Here" recording, and @archdawg 's Buddy Terry posts - NICE!

- Leading me to this recording:
Terry Gibbs ( vibraphonist ) Quartet: "Take It From Me" (1963 on the Impulse label - checkout this lineup) :thumbsup:

-And in PM's with Erik and his posting's reminded me of how much we both enjoyed the early pioneers and striped down balladeers specifically in the C & W category (as it was then known).

John LaGale "Johnny" Horton (April 30, 1925 – November 5, 1960) American country music, honky tonk and rockabilly recording artist.
- Johnny Horton's historical story telling recordings: Reissued to digital 1987,"Johnny Hortons Greates Hits" which I remember listening to on LP back in 1962 as a favorite of both my brother, mom, dad and myself.

Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor (1960 Prestige Label, RVG Remaster) Now we're talkin' Dynamic Range (17?) :thumbsup:

Gordon Lightfoot - "Gord's Gold" (1972 Rhino)

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #135,563 of 136,073
Ladies and gentlemen... the great Mr Capocci!!

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #135,565 of 136,073
Inspired, motivated to further search, or reminded by many fine posts in this thread of all categories I have reached out in PM's to a few and just want to thank and motivate all contributors to keep up your sharing what sounds great to you and yours knowing it is appreciated.

Specifically, most recently @PoSR77 LTN post with Makoto Ozone, I really do love this "Spring Is Here" recording, and @archdawg 's Buddy Terry posts - NICE!

- Leading me to this recording:
Terry Gibbs ( vibraphonist ) Quartet: "Take It From Me" (1963 on the Impulse label - checkout this lineup) :thumbsup:

-And in PM's with Erik and his posting's reminded me of how much we both enjoyed the early pioneers and striped down balladeers specifically in the C & W category (as it was then known).

John LaGale "Johnny" Horton (April 30, 1925 – November 5, 1960) American country music, honky tonk and rockabilly recording artist.
- Johnny Horton's historical story telling recordings: Reissued to digital 1987,"Johnny Hortons Greates Hits" which I remember listening to on LP back in 1962 as a favorite of both my brother, mom, dad and myself.

^^ What it's about! Well stated, mate. :)

For today, all new (for me) recos from around Head-Fi.
Focus - 3.png
The flautist is Thijs van Leer.

Nice jamming here. Jan Akkerman is a talented guitarist.

Delvon Lamarr - Cold As Weiss.png
This band is funky as all get out. I'm boppin' along.

Live - Throwing Copper.png
Not bad ... this band may need further investigation.

From 1972, 2022 and 1994. HD800 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back