What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 11, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #52,217 of 136,339

A great album, but I find it hard to listen to because of how intense the treble levels are on it. "Unless", for example, has a percussive pattern throughout that is almost painful to experience in a revealing setup. I've only been able to really enjoy the production of this album with warmer-sounding gear.

May 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #52,220 of 136,339

That I somewhat agree with. They have become more poppy which happens to do something for me. In this case. My take is that your selection of albums sound more like demo's to me. Tried them out but couldn't get into. Chulahoma was my introduction to the Keys but they never went there anymore did they? A really good album.

been listening to Chulahoma, awesome album, goes back to their more raw sounding roots.
How do you like the new album? i have yet to try it, but from what ive heard they are still going with the more produced poppy sound.

Oh and btw i gave black keys a go with the 325i's, and i still enjoy them on my 650's more, im enjoying the smoother sound of the 650's a lot atm.

May 11, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #52,221 of 136,339
Been getting into all the Rick Wakeman-Yes recordings from back in the day. One extremely talented writer/keyboardist and most of his albums have great SQ to boot

May 11, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #52,223 of 136,339

Never heard of the artist but like what I'm hearing so far. Cheers
beerchug.gif

Zucchero – La Sesión Cubana (Spotify Link)

May 11, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #52,226 of 136,339

May 12, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #52,229 of 136,339
Originally Posted by dizzee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

been listening to Chulahoma, awesome album, goes back to their more raw sounding roots.
How do you like the new album? i have yet to try it, but from what ive heard they are still going with the more produced poppy sound.

Oh and btw i gave black keys a go with the 325i's, and i still enjoy them on my 650's more, im enjoying the smoother sound of the 650's a lot atm.

Cool that you're enjoying it. A grinding 'real' blues album.

Had no idea a new one would drop until just a few days ago when they were featured in a newspaper. The album is allright. It does not dissapoint me and to say that upon first hearing a new album is a good sign. I'm quick to throw out stuff that does not do it for me right away. It's more or less the same sound like their latest releases. Check it out nevertheless. Enjoy your 650! I'm slowly being seduced to the Grado side of things.

May 12, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #52,230 of 136,339

Bobby "Blue" Bland - Two Steps From The Blues (1973)

I'm into a Bobby "Blue" Bland phase. I saw B.B. King live a couple of times in the 80's, and Bobby opened for him. Most folks don't realize just how good he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back