What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#4]
Sep 22, 2005 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4,090

Davey

Headphoneus Supremus
Should we start a new one? Too late now to say no, it's already started!
smily_headphones1.gif

Got the latest full length from The National spinning while waiting for the new season of Lost to start in a bit. Alligator. Been listening to this one a lot lately. Loved the EP from last year, a lot. And wasn't too sure about this one at first, but really starting to love it. Full of colorful lyric fragments that stick in your head long after the music stops. You wear your skirt like a flag from the song "Lit Up", which also comes with steady pounding drums and a great celebratory post-punk sounding chorus. Little musical vignettes that make you smile later. Karen put me in a chair ... fuck me and make me a drink from "Karen". No lyrics anywhere to be found in the liner notes or online (probably posted someplace but I didn't try very hard). Sometimes that bugs me these days in the internet age where I've become accustomed to having everything at my fingertips, but in this case I think it's refreshing because it forces me to pay more attention and try to decipher them just like when I was a kid. This one's definitely high on my year end list, even though many people seem resistant, or even immune to their charms. Not me, I'm way too easy
wink.gif

http://www.cokemachineglow.com/revie...gator2005.html

Sep 22, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 4,090
Bush - Mouth

Reason - it's what was playing in my massive computer playlist as I'm doing homework....

Sep 22, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 4,090
Coldplay - Fix You

Ok, they are clean and polished, but I don't get why so many are crazy about them. The songwriting is uninspired, borderline derivitive. And the lyrics, my goodness they are bad.

For the "biggest band in the world" I expect better. That said, with lower expectations, X & Y is pretty decent.

For me, Radiohead is still the mega band right now.

Sep 22, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 4,090
Sarah McLachlan - Push

Sep 22, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #7 of 4,090
Fatboy Slim - Right Here, Right Now

Sep 22, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #9 of 4,090
Armik - Ramancero

Sep 22, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #11 of 4,090
Video Game Pianist - Final Fantasy IX - Melodies of Life

Sep 22, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #12 of 4,090
Something is wrong here...DLeeWebb hasn't posted yet
eek.gif

I'm groovin' to Death Cab For Cutie - Brothers On A Hotel Bed [from "Plans"]