What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jul 22, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #13,921 of 14,566
My concept for a Gungnir 2 is a Yiggy minus balanced outputs, plus the best SE outputs Schiit can make, plus Unison, plus Autonomy, in a smaller chassis/footprint, priced head-to-head with the Chord Qutest.

Know Yggy was suggested earlier. If trying to stay price competitive with Chord, you could do the Yggy GS. Yes, it doesn't have the latest Unison, etc. I bet it still compares favorably with the Qutest. Highly recommended.

Jul 22, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #13,922 of 14,566
Yggdrasil gs has tempted me for a while. Especially if I were to order it with a unison upgrade. But then it’s just ~600 less than the full thing, so better to just max out.

edit

on the coast starlight to San Francisco listening to the Karajan Parsifal via kse1500 and editing a manuscript

also enjoying Simon rattle’s Mahler 10
EAD1B999-F45C-410D-97C0-3436A4DCE942.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #13,923 of 14,566
My thinking is Gumby V2 includes Nexus for perfect XLR and SE output. Plus the USB card thingy from Bifrost.... If Schiit ever does a Gungnir Multibit V2 that it.

Standard disclaimer: I know nothing, just throwing stuff on the wall.

Jul 25, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #13,929 of 14,566
And you’ve heard some nice things about the switcher even? Have the transport parts been sent for the beta testing yet?
Not that I know of.

Jul 26, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #13,930 of 14,566
How NOT to do business (Vol 2); also, why customer service is a beyaatch.

First, the how not: I recently purchased a home solar/battery system from an iconic company whose founder just benefited from a government contract to land spacecraft on Europa, Jupiter’s moon. I elected to pay for the system in full rather than accept a time pay system which ran until I was well over a hundred years old. They installed the system and sent me a bill, which I attempted to pay several times on their website. The problem was that their pay system repeatedly hung my computers, whether PC, Mac, or Linux. So I called my sales rep, who gave me the address of their payment site in Utah. I then setup a bill pay with my bank, the money left my account, and I forgot about it. Then I began to receive daily emails every morning at 7:01AM which graduated from pay your bill to you are now under collection measures. I called them three times (five hours of my time) – they sent me a paid in full receipt and promised to remove me from their collection bully list. My wife called today and told them that if they do not remove me from their schiitlist they can come out and pull out their huckin’ panels and batteries and refund me. I am amazed that a company which pioneered reusable rockets is utterly incapable of: 1. Creating a usable payment website. AND 2. Finding its own administrative ass with both hands.

I know, I know we are at Schiit still not perfect. One area of balance is customer service. At Schiit that is 99.999% by email. The .001% is when we do something so egregious that it requires something beyond an email. Now we have four email answer folks who cater to everything from “Where’s my (insert product here)?” to “My (insert product here) is broken.” to “Does a Magni sound better than a Ragnarok?” to “Does an Asgard sound better than a Sol?” - really. If we had telephone customer service, we would require many more employees to take care of this. Further, customer service by phone is on demand in a time sense, with busy and slack hours, resulting in a long waits and pissed-off clients. The hypothetical could be that we can now have on phone on demand customer service but all of our prices are up 10%. Who wants that?? Or, For questions we now have local dealers for all of you but our prices are double. You see, we err in the direction of audio being affordable.

Even if we were (or any other company, for that matter) were perfect in our manufacture we would still need customer service. Far less of it, true it is. The problem is that there are quite a few that will ask many questions, and then they ask many more. We cannot support dozens of pre-sale questions with too many of those coming from those with no intention to buy. Probably anything audio from anybody. Our best remedy for all is that we will hassle-free refund anyone for any of our products. Repetitively, better we do this than increase our prices.

Well, that’s it for now. Let me take this opportunity to thank all who support this industry.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 26, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #13,931 of 14,566
Great update! Hope your "T" situation works out well!

Jul 26, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #13,932 of 14,566
I recently purchased a home solar/battery system from an iconic company that also just benefited from a government contract to land spacecraft on Europa, Jupiter’s moon.

[...]

I am amazed that a company which pioneered reusable rockets is utterly incapable of: 1. Creating a usable payment website. AND 2. Finding its own administrative ass with both hands.
Crappy experience for sure, but Tesla and SpaceX are two separate companies, one public and the other private. Maybe Starlink customers can chime in about whether SpaceX handles such things better than Tesla apparently does.

Jul 26, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #13,933 of 14,566
Crappy experience for sure, but Tesla and SpaceX are two separate companies, one public and the other private. Maybe Starlink customers can chime in about whether SpaceX handles such things better than Tesla apparently does.
Point taken,
Perhaps I am naive assuming that founders are as interested and influential in their own companies as Jason and I are.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 26, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #13,934 of 14,566
Point taken,
Perhaps I am naive assuming that founders are as interested and influential in their own companies as Jason and I are.
It's a fair criticism, no doubt. I'm assuming Schiit has less than 200 employees, while Tesla has over 70,000, SpaceX over 8,500, plus a few at The Boring Company and Neuralink. I don't know how hard it is to get that many people aligned, but it's clearly not working as well as one would hope, you're certainly not the only one who had poor experiences with Tesla's customer service.

But as a Tesla shareholder I don't like seeing the stock price go down when a SpaceX prototype explodes, so I thought I'd point out the distinction. :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back