What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Apr 1, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #572 of 14,566
Jason is currently vacationing in Asia – I therefore have the pleasure of making this very important product announcement:

We at Schiit have been in collaboration with Dr. Richard Johnson, professor of Acoustics at Harvey Mull institute of Technology. Over the last decade he has been innovating in the area of low frequency audio transducers. These transducers are unusual in that their unique design feature is a cylindrical geometry.

This eventually led to the soon to be introduced Schiit line of Johnson subwoofers. We will have all three models on live display at the next Schiit Show, tentatively mid-summer. The ten, twelve, and unprecedented fifteen inch Johnsons will offer amazing impact and slam that can truly be felt on a gut level.  Users of even the smallest Schiit Johnsons will experience new levels of satisfaction.

We are confident that the Schiit Show attendees will be shaken by the Johnson experience.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 1, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #573 of 14,566
Jason is currently vacationing in Asia – I therefore have the pleasure of making this very important product announcement:

We at Schiit have been in collaboration with Dr. Richard Johnson, professor of Acoustics at Harvey Mull institute of Technology. Over the last decade he has been innovating in the area of low frequency audio transducers. Theses transducers are unusual in that their unique design feature is a cylindrical geometry.

This eventually led to the soon to be introduced Schiit line of Johnson subwoofers. We will have all three models on live display at the next Schiit Show, tentatively mid-summer. The ten, twelve, and unprecedented fifteen inch Johnsons will offer amazing impact and slam that can truly be felt on a gut level.  Users of even the smallest Schiit Johnsons will experience new levels of satisfaction.

We are confident that the Schiit Show attendees will be shaken by the Johnson experience.

April fools?

Apr 1, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #574 of 14,566

We at Schiit have been in collaboration with Dr. Richard Johnson, professor of Acoustics at Harvey Mull institute of Technology. Over the last decade he has been innovating in the area of low frequency audio transducers. Theses transducers are unusual in that their unique design feature is a cylindrical geometry.

You aint putting a Johnson sub in my place, even if it is the Schiit

Happy April and get back to work making great audio... Please!!!

edit - that should be making audio great, not the other way around

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #575 of 14,566

We at Schiit have been in collaboration with Dr. Richard Johnson, professor of Acoustics at Harvey Mull institute of Technology. Over the last decade he has been innovating in the area of low frequency audio transducers. These transducers are unusual in that their unique design feature is a cylindrical geometry.

Finally I can have a 15 inch Johnson.

Apr 1, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #577 of 14,566

"Insert a few Johnsons and your listening experience will change forever!"

Apr 1, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #578 of 14,566

Great. I was on a hiatus for a bit rmoody tells me about this Post and Immediately My interest is peaked. Down the Rabbit Hole...   A quick google search did not yield any thing useful of this technology. I Understand you have to keep a lot of details under wraps but is there anything you can tell us about how this works vs. a traditional Transducer? Please tell us more about your Joh......  err this new Tech.

Apr 1, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #579 of 14,566

Great. I was on a hiatus for a bit rmoody tells me about this Post and Immediately My interest is peaked. Down the Rabbit Hole...   A quick google search did not yield any thing useful of this technology. I Understand you have to keep a lot of details under wraps but is there anything you can tell us about how this works vs. a traditional Transducer? Please tell us more about your Joh......  err this new Tech.

OHH Damn. I just Looked at the Date .......

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #581 of 14,566

Quote:

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #584 of 14,566

Thanks Baldr for the penetrating news on the new Schiit Johnson!

Will it be taking the place of the Asgard?

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :rolleyes:

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #585 of 14,566

Will your new Johnson be given a Viking name? Maybe a contest... Winner gets a new Johnson, any size they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back