What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Mar 29, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #558 of 14,566
  Oh I was there, but I was never interested in the depressed droning of Floyd.

gotta agree with you there .theres only one band i regret listning to and thats pink floyd ,wasted a good many years of my teenage life listening to those w******,i even bought roger walter solo stuff when he was singing about the jews and the arabs .screw* donna what i was thinking ,so yes anybody thinking of getting into them just dont man your better off ,try the smiths instead some great poetery by morrissy and uplifting licks by marr on the guitar .

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #559 of 14,566
gotta agree with you there .theres only one band i regret listning to and thats pink floyd ,wasted a good many years of my teenage life listening to those w******,i even bought roger walter solo stuff when he was singing about the jews and the arabs .screw* donna what i was thinking ,so yes anybody thinking of getting into them just dont man your better off ,try the smiths instead some great poetery by morrissy and uplifting licks by marr on the guitar .

Mmmm...you might have a point. When you think about it we were 'just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year'

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #560 of 14,566
Why would you listen to Pink FLoyd when there was Ian Drury and the Blockheads....?  
blink.gif

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #564 of 14,566
  Why would you listen to Pink Floyd when there was Iron Butterfly? 
cool.gif

I always contended that In-A-Gada-Da-Vida was the anthem of the Vietnam War.

Yes.  And Hendrix.  And Airplane.  And a little later Zeppelin, MC5 and The Stooges...

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #565 of 14,566
  try the smiths instead some great poetery by morrissy and uplifting licks by marr on the guitar .

Try Bonny 'Prince' Billy's I See A Darkness, if you can find it.  More poetry than poetery, tho. 

Quote:
  Yes.  And Hendrix.  And Airplane.  And a little later Zeppelin, MC5 and The Stooges...

Did I mention Buffalo Springfield?  And Love. And Spencer Davis.  And Bloomfield/Cooper.  And Paul Butterfield...

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #567 of 14,566
I wish I knew how to post images...sigh. As a life long lover of truly bad puns, I offer

pink Floyd.

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/bBLDloJaU83oCevRZGro8A--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NzAwO3E9OTU7dz03MDA-/http://365randommuppets.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/126-floyd-pepper1.jpg?w=700

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #568 of 14,566
Oh my.  Prolly starting a pissing contest here, but...  

Hendrix, EB/Animals, Vanilla Fudge in Anaheim. Beach Boys, Left Banke in Jacksonville. Traffic, Allman Bros. in Atlanta. Stones, Little Feat, Grand Funk, REM in Houston. Canned Heat in Victoria.  Leon Russell, Savoy Brown in San Antonio.  Roky Erickson, Frank Zappa, Joe Cocker, Country Joe, Santana, ZZ Top, John Lee Hooker, Albert King, Peter Gabriel, Fleetwood Mac, Shawn Phillips in Austin...   Jeez.  Who all am I forgetting? (as to why, well, you know...)

Edited for rumination. 

Mar 30, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #570 of 14,566
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back