Westone W4R defective product (March 2013)
Aug 26, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #31 of 35
I'm a bit unimpressed with the W4R... the cables, tips, and sound quality are all ok... but I'm a bit concerned about the build quality, mostly due to the fact that the shells are joined together... the 535 somehow is the same, and I'd recommend the Heir Audio 4.Ai, for those crazy about build quality... FLAWLESS... not to mention, for more "fun" sound, the same priced UE 900 may be a safe choice... some even stated the UE is better than the W4R but since the pair doesn't have the tips of my size, yeah, I haven't seen its full potential, but CURRENTLY it's below the chirping 4.Ai...

Aug 26, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #32 of 35
I really can't see how injection molding with a parting line can be dinged for build quality.  That is a normal manufacturing process.  I don't get the 2 micron gap between the 2 shells and how it would affect anything, but audiophiles are too concerned with their equipment rather than the music.

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:
I really can't see how injection molding with a parting line can be dinged for build quality.  That is a normal manufacturing process.  I don't get the 2 micron gap between the 2 shells and how it would affect anything, but audiophiles are too concerned with their equipment rather than the music.

Sorry but don't agree. Another headfier mentioned: resell a mild cosmetic defective product reduce the value. 

Telling me you never checked your gear once you get it? Even if its for yourself...

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #34 of 35
I don't understand how this is called a cosmetic defect.  This is a manufacturing process of where 2 molds come together.

I check my gear and take good care of it, but cosmetics are not as important as sound to me.

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #35 of 35
In this particular case, I don't see a reason to raise the flags, but usually we care about products we buy and we all expect good quality craftsmanship, BTW where are the w4r made? pretty sure not made in the US like the UM3X. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back