Westone UM3X Thread
May 4, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #241 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just pulled the trigger. Man I might be out of my mind....UE11/IE8/SE530/ER4P and now UM3X!!

I think I'll sell the IE8.

What wrong with UE 11 pro? thought it would be ultimate IEM, just wonder what makes you think UM3X will offer you something which 11 pro can't do??

May 4, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #242 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What wrong with UE 11 pro? thought it would be ultimate IEM, just wonder what makes you think UM3X will offer you something which 11 pro can't do??

Nothing wrong..in fact I wish I could own another pair. But I use them for home listening..for on the go I use universals (I prefer not to expose my customs to the threats of the street).

And what I found is that that the IE8 lacks clarity for me so I have to turn up the volume too much to somehow fix that issue. For the descriptions the UM3X is the perfect universal for my tastes.

May 4, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #243 of 4,413
I finally tested the large Comply tips provided. Slightly better isolation and I personally found the treble to be a bit better, as well as the bass. I noticed shortly after that with the large tips the nozzle is more exposed and probably goes a bit further in your ear as well, or the tips just absorb less of the sound so it ended up sounding louder. Pretty interesting because I would expect the opposite.

May 4, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #244 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing wrong..in fact I wish I could own another pair. But I use them for home listening..for on the go I use universals (I prefer not to expose my customs to the threats of the street).

And what I found is that that the IE8 lacks clarity for me so I have to turn up the volume too much to somehow fix that issue. For the descriptions the UM3X is the perfect universal for my tastes.

Acutally, we are heading to same road. I am planning to get UM3X to replace my IE8 soon

May 4, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #246 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Acutally, we are heading to same road. I am planning to get UM3X to replace my IE8 soon

Woah there, not so hasty!

This calls for a mini-review/comparison. Then you are free to do whatever
tongue.gif

May 5, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #247 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally tested the large Comply tips provided. Slightly better isolation and I personally found the treble to be a bit better, as well as the bass. I noticed shortly after that with the large tips the nozzle is more exposed and probably goes a bit further in your ear as well, or the tips just absorb less of the sound so it ended up sounding louder. Pretty interesting because I would expect the opposite.

Yea, I'm sticking with the larger complys. The bass really slams. I wonder too if since the distance is increased from end of nozzle to eardrum,(using the larger complys) that the soundstage is a little increased as well? Kind of seems that way.

I simply cannot use the black olives as they won't stay on. They slide right off or get stuck in my ears.

May 5, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #249 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean they slide off the nozzle when you are taking IEMs out of your ear? I have found Olives great with my UM2, and Shure's before that. Your experience goes against the basic "like ear plugs" idea...

Yes, I cleaned the nozzle but they just don't seem to stay on. It's trickier with Westones because their nozzles don't have a barb. Shures have a barb to hold the tips on.

May 5, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #252 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that it s the best performance with custom with all on the freq
as well as more neutral than another standart tips...

May 5, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #254 of 4,413
What does "X" stand for? Why not simply "UM3" like "UM1" and "UM2"?

May 5, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #255 of 4,413
the X stands for X-tra ordinary... or it could be project X... or it could be to fall in line with the EX series because it shares some technology with their custom line. It would be pretty nice if the only difference between the EX and the UX were that one is universal but both are otherwise identical. In which case someone with custom tips can technically have both IEMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back