Westone UM3X or Westone 4 or Shure SE535 ??
May 7, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #167 of 244
Quote:
So you already got the PFE232? Cool! How did you find the bass? I found it plenty, and also wished the highs had more extension. 

with green filters, very nice. not bass heavy, but certainly present to say the least. VERY capable.
Highs...hmm I find them fine as they are, especially on some trance.

All-together, a great earphone :)

May 7, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #168 of 244
Quote:
with green filters, very nice. not bass heavy, but certainly present to say the least. VERY capable.
Highs...hmm I find them fine as they are, especially on some trance.

All-together, a great earphone :)

I see, the green filters were an overkill to me. Was wondering what's wrong with a high-end IEM like that having so much bass. 

Nice to see you enjoying them :) 

May 7, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #170 of 244
Quote:
Thanks mom

No problem son :D

Quote:
I see, the green filters were an overkill to me. Was wondering what's wrong with a high-end IEM like that having so much bass. 

Nice to see you enjoying them :) 

Well...you and bass...they don't have much bass...it's just that you're very, very sensitive to anything that comes close to having a little kick or whisper lol :p

May 7, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #171 of 244
Quote:

No problem son :D

Well...you and bass...they don't have much bass...it's just that you're very, very sensitive to anything that comes close to having a little kick or whisper lol :p

Actually, I'm not so sure, the grey filters are okay to me. And sometimes I'm not very sensitive to bass, but sometimes I pretty much am. Although I don't mind the bass impact at all.

May 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #177 of 244
Is the UM3X brighter than the W4?  There are times when the slight veil gets to me but overall, I think the W4's are pretty amazing and they've opened up significantly from where they started. I was wrong about the bass - it's actually pretty good.  I'm annoyed because I can't figure out what size complies (or olives) to order or that work for me.  Are there two types of Olives?  Are there other tips that will fit them stem that I can try?  I tried the triple flange and it fits great on the left, feels pretty dangerous on the right and I refuse to try and push it in any farther.

Would the FiiO E6 be a decent amp to start out with?

May 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #178 of 244
Quote:
Is the UM3X brighter than the W4?  There are times when the slight veil gets to me but overall, I think the W4's are pretty amazing and they've opened up significantly from where they started. I was wrong about the bass - it's actually pretty good.  I'm annoyed because I can't figure out what size complies (or olives) to order or that work for me.  Are there two types of Olives?  Are there other tips that will fit them stem that I can try?  I tried the triple flange and it fits great on the left, feels pretty dangerous on the right and I refuse to try and push it in any farther.

No, if you must go with fiio go with the e7/e11/e17 or something like that. the e5/5 are just ok imo from my expierence

May 9, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #179 of 244
Quote:

The UM3x has more extension in the highs than the W4, but in turn, it is recessed compared to the W4's smooth and unoffensive highs. Which it may sound hollow, maybe a little similar to the SE425's highs, but more hollow. And as for the tips... I love using the shure grey flex since I prefer silicon to foams, and the grey flex increases the highs' extension compared to the westone silicons. The tri-flanges are not dangerous though. 

May 9, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #180 of 244
Haha Of course you prefer silicon cause you do not like BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
The UM3x has more extension in the highs than the W4, but in turn, it is recessed compared to the W4's smooth and unoffensive highs. Which it may sound hollow, maybe a little similar to the SE425's highs, but more hollow. And as for the tips... I love using the shure grey flex since I prefer silicon to foams, and the grey flex increases the highs' extension compared to the westone silicons. The tri-flanges are not dangerous though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back