Westone UM3X or Westone 4 or Shure SE535 ??
Jan 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #241 of 244
Quote:
I guys, I have heard in some forums that W4 is bassier, base forward, than my (returned) UM3X. Is it true? If it the case, i will ask to get back with um3x.
Am not a basshead. I was thinking w4 is neutral, balanced. if it true? For me def of neutral = balanced = less bassy than...!! tks all for your answers!

Between the two, wisch is the basier, really?  Have to make décision this week!  
confused.gif

W4 are not really bassy. They have a slight bass boost, but pretty much everything does except Ety's and a few others. I believe in terms of bass quantity it was W3 (most) UM3X (middle) and W4 (least)

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #242 of 244
Quote:
I personally like westone over shure due to the more natural sound that they make.

Totally agree.  The Westones sound more liquidy smooth where the Shure are a little nasaly sounding.  As forward is the midrange of UM3X is, SE535 is even more forward which is fatiguing to my ears.  It also makes the treble and bass seem more distant.  Just not my cup of tea.  The SE535 has a bit larger soundstage but I prefer the UM3X in all other areas.  Also prefer W4 over SE535 except for bass.

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #244 of 244
How's the instrument separation between the UM3X and the se535?

Both have good instrument separation. Forward mids of the 535 give you a more up front feeling of the separation between the instruments....the bass and subbass of the um3x gives you that kick, mids arent obviously as forward as the 535.

I do feel thw um3x is good but slightly congested with its soundstage. The se535 have a wider soundstage while the w4r has a even wider soundstage.than the 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back