Westone ES5
May 1, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #4,531 of 5,554
I've had these for a while now. Sent them back in for a remold, because when I smiled the seal would break.
has anyone else experienced small hairline breaks in the soft mold, on the inside corner of the first bend? 

May 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #4,533 of 5,554
Quote:
cooperpwc, you still owe us the promised impression on the ES5 paired with TTVJ Slim =)

Quote:
5 years ago.

Please folks, I am doing my amnesia best to forget that the stupid thing ever existed. I know that it was sent by the trader - and I did not demand a tracking number. However I did spend real money to send the amp that I traded to him by EMS. He got it in 3 business days. Six months later (which it will be in a few days), I can say that I have written the TTVJ Slim off. It never arrived.

Grrrr....

May 1, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #4,534 of 5,554
So, our puppy took a liking to my ES5's while I walked to the bathroom.  When I came back, the left earpiece had the soft vinyl tip bit off, with a very inconspicuous looking puppy holding them in her paws.

$200 repair charge for remolding one ear.  Ouch.

May 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #4,536 of 5,554
Quote:
I've had these for a while now. Sent them back in for a remold, because when I smiled the seal would break.
has anyone else experienced small hairline breaks in the soft mold, on the inside corner of the first bend? 

nope

May 2, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #4,538 of 5,554
Quote:
Does anyone else find that the sound of your ES5 or other custom IEM gets a bit muddled when you lay on your back? 

Actually I find that my ES5 sounds especially good on my back. You may have to adjust the earpieces and equalize pressure after lying down though. I can also believe that lying down influences people's ear canals differently.

May 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #4,541 of 5,554
Quote:
hey guys has anyone ever had bad build quality coming from the westone es5 series as i have just ordered mine and i am worried that the quality might not be up to my standard thanks.

The build quality for my ES5's are good. There's a few air bubbles inside the shell, but that's about it. If you want exceptional build quality, go for Unique Melody.

May 2, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #4,542 of 5,554
Quote:
The build quality for my ES5's are good. There's a few air bubbles inside the shell, but that's about it. If you want exceptional build quality, go for Unique Melody.

yeah, just air bubbles for mine too.  by the way, anyone here pairs their es5 with j3 too?

May 2, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #4,543 of 5,554
Give dog away.
Quote:
So, our puppy took a liking to my ES5's while I walked to the bathroom.  When I came back, the left earpiece had the soft vinyl tip bit off, with a very inconspicuous looking puppy holding them in her paws.

$200 repair charge for remolding one ear.  Ouch.

May 2, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #4,544 of 5,554
Quote:

Not anymore, they've had a drop in standards recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back