Westone ES5
Aug 2, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #3,062 of 5,554

Quote:
Also, don't you guys just hate it when you tell yourself " One more song " and then 5 songs later you finally catch yourself?
blink.gif

X2

since im on break now, i have become nocturnal, sleeping at 4 5am everyday
even when im feeling sleepy at 4+, i make it a point to at least listen around 15-20mins, who knows??? 1hr later, im still plug-in and had almost comfortably dozed off haha

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #3,064 of 5,554
hi 
i have got them for 3-4 weeks.However, i have doubt about their fit.Are there any clue for this.It is my first custom.

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #3,065 of 5,554
Hey there!

Can you please clarify what you mean by your doubts about the fit?

Is it too loose? Or too tight?

In any case I recommend you to get another set of ear impressions done and ask for a remould into a better shape.

Quote:
hi 
i have got them for 3-4 weeks.However, i have doubt about their fit.Are there any clue for this.It is my first custom.

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #3,066 of 5,554
ok. thank you for your reply.I am sorry for my bad english.
sometimes left one fits very good(most of time).but right one has a little more tightness of body part(not stem) so it causes.
and interestingly when i walking ,it becomes uncomfortable.
another interesting point is that now when i am seating there is no problem.
i cant solve this problem.
beside that i am living at turkey and i bought them from usa refit process proposess me a lot.

Aug 2, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #3,069 of 5,554
If and when an ES6 IS announced, there is no guarantee that it will be an evolutionary step up over the ES5. In fact, an ES6 would have to be a revolutionary product compared to the ES5 for me to even give it a good look. Westone announced the ES5 June 8, 2010 so they have been out over a year now.

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #3,070 of 5,554

Quote:
Sorry, i meant ES6. Anyone here from London or UK? how you guys ordered the ES5? through ?

There will be no ES6. I already asked Westone about it. They are not doing a 6-driver custom. I believe I posted their answer in this thread somewhere.

Since the ES5 came out last year, it'll probably be another two years before something new comes along from Westone to replace it.

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #3,071 of 5,554
HI every one, i'm new ES5 user and i've a question, under what condition do you think you'll need a refit?

My case is I don't feel a seal on my left ear, compare to the right when i plug it in, the clear pop sound was made like non custom ear phones. But when i remove it i can say the seal was break.
When i use it, moving my head did not break the seals.

And what should I use to assess the sound isolation capability? When i use it i don't think it's better then my UM3x....

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #3,072 of 5,554
I can support Kunlun's comments on an ES6.  Likewise a UM4X.  But you never know.  The question w/ an ES6 is what would you do w/ the extra driver?  Do you really need two of those massive BA woofers?  I mean your head will pop like a ripe tomato.  I tell you what would be cool.  A DSP/Amp box from Westone.  Oh yeah I said it.  
eek.gif
  Doubtful though.  
frown.gif

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #3,074 of 5,554

Quote:
Perhaps use a FAD-like moving air mechanism (venting) for the bass driver. 

ES5X?  Listening to the SS right now.  Just low end impressions so far.  It's quite nice but jury is still out when comparing to ES5 bass.  The ES5 is just a bit fuller w/ slightly more body I believe.  It is certainly competitive and definitely better in low end extension and deep impact than the UERM I think.  UERM bass is still nice though in a different more relaxed way.  Definitely more bass quantity than the EX1000 by a hair which makes it a bit more accurate quantity wise for me.  Definitely not a 16mm driver though but still quite nice.  Very early impressions after just a few minutes.

Gotta say, FAD is extracting every ounce of juice from that single armature.  I almost feel sorry for the poor fella.  It's like watching Lebron play 1 on 5.  Very talented but a bit of a stretch.  If you didn't upset the balance I think it could actually use another driver tbh.  Pretty impressive though.  

Aug 3, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #3,075 of 5,554
Always the tough decision whether to wait for the next big thing. I was seriously considering the the ES3X when Powderhound hinted about the ES5 so I waited. Glad that I did!

However it is still early in the ES5 cycle now. I'm just guessing but I don't see Westone rushing to upgrade it. The ES5 is just entering its sales sweet spot as goodwill momentum kicks in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back