Westone 4r vs Shure SE535 ( L.E. RED ) VS Regular Shure 535 REQ:( best Punchy bass )
Nov 28, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #16 of 19
The Shure is better at midrange but the W3 is better at bass, treble and soundstage IMHO.  Owned both for years...
Some will say W3 bass is wrong or too big or bass hump but if you want punch, W3 punches you in the face.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
The Shure is better at midrange but the W3 is better at bass, treble and soundstage IMHO.  Owned both for years...
Some will say W3 bass is wrong or too big or bass hump but if you want it punch, W3 punches you in the face.

Comparing between W3 (or UM3X) and W4 (or 4R), which one has a better quality extension deep bass yet with wider sound stage and good separation of instrument & vocal?

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #18 of 19
W4>W3>UM3x

W4 basically takes great traits from the other 2 and tightens and refines everything up.  Keep in mind W4 has less bass amount than the other two but most think it is better quality bass and I agree.  I would just say beware if you really like your bass (basshead) then you could prefer UM3X or W3.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
Some will say W3 bass is wrong or too big or bass hump but if you want it punch, W3 punches you in the face.

I totally agree.  I think the type of music you listen to could drive the direction of IEM choice. I like Rock so the Westone fits my musical taste more than the Shure does.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back