Westone 4R or Heir Audio 4ai
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:
Hi guys, appreciate your suggestions and opinions between these two IEMs!

Coming from a TF10, UM3X, Westone 4R. Currently using a Westone 4R but finds it lacking in clarity slightly though bass and treble are good! There is also a slight veil in the lower mids. Instrument separation in UM3X is top notch but the however small soundstage puts it away.

Does the Heir Audio 4ai has the similar sound signature of Westone 4R with better clarity and instrumental separation like UM3X whilst retaining the soundstage comparable to Westone 4R?

Really do enjoy the sound coming from Westone 4R though.

Your thoughts and views are much appreciated! Thanks!

I never realized I didn't reply to your original request.  Sorry about that.  I do want to voice an opinion into here though. The 4.Ai does have a similar sound signature to the W4, with better clarity exactly where you want it, in the lower midrange.  I don't have either IEM on me to compare soundstage though, neither soundstage is poor though.  

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #17 of 32
I never realized I didn't reply to your original request.  Sorry about that.  I do want to voice an opinion into here though. The 4.Ai does have a similar sound signature to the W4, with better clarity exactly where you want it, in the lower midrange.  I don't have either IEM on me to compare soundstage though, neither soundstage is poor though.  

Thanks so much for your information! Appreciate that. But the irony thing is I do love the lush and smooth mids of the w4. If I'd need to sacrifice the low end and treble sweetness in exchange for the slightly better clarity then it'll be more of a disappointment in 4ai. Waiting to try out the new star tips and see how it goes! :)

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #20 of 32
hi guys, what kind of cable would pair well with the westone 4 in terms of eliminating the veil. any suggestions? toxic cables?silver dragon?

I've paired the W4 with the silver dragon. IMO, it does eliminates the veil. It pushes the clarity slightly better and makes the treble even smoother. Overall sound signature remains the same without much changes.

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:
I've paired the W4 with the silver dragon. IMO, it does eliminates the veil. It pushes the clarity slightly better and makes the treble even smoother. Overall sound signature remains the same without much changes.

Thanks! know where i could get one? and what is the estimated delivery time? im just a bridge/sea across from where u are. hehe

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #25 of 32
Hello,

I have the 4 A (had the 4ai) and also had the W4 that were my favorite Iems before my 4ai.

What the w4 have more is clearly bass quantity in the lower region (bass extension).

But to my ears, the 4ai have better treble, less metallic than the W4, better textured mediums, more details overall the spectrum, more air, better coherency in the 3d presentation, more realistic depth and more dynamics. You can drive the 4ai easilly, the W4 needs to be well driven to take out the best of it.

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #26 of 32
Hello,

I have the 4 A (had the 4ai) and also had the W4 that were my favorite Iems before my 4ai.

What the w4 have more is clearly bass quantity in the lower region (bass extension).

But to my ears, the 4ai have better treble, less metallic than the W4, better textured mediums, more details overall the spectrum, more air, better coherency in the 3d presentation, more realistic depth and more dynamics. You can drive the 4ai easilly, the W4 needs to be well driven to take out the best of it.

Hi there! Thanks for your inputs! Just another question, does the 4ai sound very similar to the UE900?

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:
Hi there! Thanks for your inputs! Just another question, does the 4ai sound very similar to the UE900?

Two different sounds for the 4.Ai and UE 900.  The 4.Ai is warmer while the UE 900 is more neutral, but doesn't hit neutral perfectly.  

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #28 of 32
Two different sounds for the 4.Ai and UE 900.  The 4.Ai is warmer while the UE 900 is more neutral, but doesn't hit neutral perfectly.  

Ya. I've heard the UE900 too. It's more neutral than the w4 but IMO it's much more boring than the w4. The sound signature changed alot from TF10.
The 4ai is hard to audition as not many retailers are carrying them now. Ain't as many reviews on them too. My only worry is that the lesser bass and brighter sound of the 4ai as compared to the w4 will make it more fatiguing. w4 definitely stands out in it's class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back