well I wanted to do an Arrow vs. Voyager review, but buyers beware?
Mar 24, 2011 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ANDEROAN

500+ Head-Fier
well I wanted to do a comparison, but the Arrow amp I bought form Qonad in the sales forum never arrived? and he's quit responding to everbodys e-mails, which is forboding,  he started out with positive trader feedback? thats why I bought from him with confidence?  I paid for it on 1/17, and since then he's gotten very negative feedback from other head-fiers, seven1849, recieved a parcel with no etymotic iems, at a cost of $130.00 to him, and angeloz who never recieved his a package with the HM-602, cost him $300.00+, which was sold again on another forum? and never recieved, another $300.00+, then there's my Arrow, which never came, and cost me $260.00? see Qonads trader feedback!

my appologees if this is not the way, nor the place to post this, this a darker side of the sales forum experience, but I've pm'ed uncle erik twice for some advice as to how to go about handling this cruddy situation, and gotten no reply, and so feeling obligated to pass along this bad news, I've taken matters into my own hands?  and hope that no one else gets taken by Qonad, chapmanhoh@gmail.com, and adds to his already, from what i figure a little over $1,000.00 haul,

well I can say that there's nothing like learning the hard way, Please if your new to Head-Fi, and wanting to get a good deal off the sales forum, make sure you make yourself familiar with the,

Protect yourself against scammers post,

thats in the listings that are at the top of all the sales forums, I was naive and thought that positive trader feedback was sufficient, and it looks like that mistake will cost me $260.00, what a bummer! that sure can take the audiophile wind out of your ears, 

well I have my GS Voayager! 7th gen classic, and a set of UE TFi's, and on a positive note, I did order an all silver low profile DIY LOD from fatsam327, replacing a copper/silver plated lod, which made for an awesome and very affordable upgrade for my rig, all silver was the way to go, it brought out and balanced the mids and highs, complimenting the dark signiture of the Voyager, and widened and made the soundstage airier! ka-sweet,

any input and advice would be much appreciated, does and don'ts of buying and selling?

yes i did ask Qonad to add tracking--his response was because of it being so close to the Chinese New Year, EMS's Singapore Quick Post, wasn't able to do it, if they can ship it they can certainly track it, and his response of "life goes on" should have been my first clue, duh!

hope any of this helps someone in their future adventures of audiophile upgrades!

thanks for your time, and your ear!

sincerely

anderoan  

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #4 of 8
yes very unfortunate, Mythless, cuz it only takes one to start spoilling it for the rest of us, 
but, live, learn, then pass along, cuz knowledge is power, and there is strength in numbers, which is what makes Head-Fi great!!

and no? Kunlun, qonad hasn't been banned which is even more unfortunate,

I'm not sure whats all involved, or what the process is, but I've read some threads about people getting banned, and it seems as if it's not really as cut and dry as you'd think, there's alot to take into consideration from a moderators point of veiw, 2 sides to every story? 

I've PM'ed Uncle Erik twice and not heard back from him? thats why I started this thread, to generate some discussion, and get the info out there,

I'm a newb, and what a crappy topic for my first thread, not really sure how to go about this, or were to put it? but I guess its about the Headstage Arrow, kinda, so whats more appropriate than the portable headphone amp section?

a brighter side is the Headstage Arrow 4g is going to hit the market!!! so I can start saving up for one,http://www.headstage.com/The-Arrow-Amp/Preorder-of-Headstage-Arrow-12HE-4G::10138.html?XTCsid=0f059538a247f4840f04a42d99fbbc4e  its going to have an added treble boost switch, but now it doesn't list an impedence switch? I hope by adding one that doesn't mean loosing one? 

Mar 25, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #6 of 8
I feel your pain.  I was ripped off about 3 years ago on a receiver purchase.  The seller actually only lived about 100 miles away from me, which meant I could have taken a drive up that way if I really wanted to.  Instead, I put on my thinking cap.  I contacted two law enforcement agencies.  1) The investigations unit of his local police department and, 2) The FBI field office for his area to report a Cyber crime.  I actually made the contacts after a few months of trying to contact the individual and receiving e-mail responses back from the individual who was trying to pose as his brother asking me to not contact the individual because he had been in a serious accident (major lie).  In the end, the local police agency was the one who came through for me.  The investigator had to pay about 3 visits to the individual's home until he was able to catch him at home.  Once he did, the individual apparently got a little nervous and did promise the investigator that my money would be sent back to my PayPal account within a week - and, it was.  Shortly after that, the FBI contacted me about pushing forward on their investigation, but I indicated the issue had been resolved by the local police department.

The best advice I can provide for you is to PERSIST!!!!   Don't give up.  File a case with the FBI and share the case number with the individual who ripped you off.  Let them realize how serious you are at making it known that they are a criminal and will soon be within the scope of Federal investigators, which will make this issue a much more serious issue than ripping of 3 or 4 people of $300 - $400.  A crime is a crime and this individual is a criminal.  Sure, it would be easy to write this off as a loss and try to be more diligent on your next purchase.  However, when these criminals are dealt with by professional law enforcement officers, chances are they won't rip anyone off again.  If they are not stopped, they'll probably keep going.

Mar 25, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #7 of 8
hey Wje, thanks for sharing and the input, kick the tires and light some fires!  

I'll check it out, don't know how that will pan out on an international level? Qonad is from Singapore,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back