Welcome to the SchiitShow!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #151 of 475
Appears to be

Mac>Yggy>mysterybox>Audeze

I think?
Inexpensive balanced amplification in the under $500 could be really cool...
But I suppose no promises that it's a headphone amp. Or, no promises that it's JUST a headphone amp
biggrin.gif

Yup.  It appears to be just that.  A balanced amp/dac with small form factor would be killer.  Somewhere between Magni and Lyr in price would be a good fit.  Schiit needs more balanced amps.  I think it will be brilliant.  Granted, I have ample gear and my home office also has my good Schiit gear in the rack next to my desk.  Not necessary for me but very good addition it would (will?) be.

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #152 of 475
Yup.  It appears to be just that.  A balanced amp/dac with small form factor would be killer.  Somewhere between Magni and Lyr in price would be a good fit.  Schiit needs more balanced amps.  I think it will be brilliant.  Granted, I have ample gear and my home office also has my good Schiit gear in the rack next to my desk.  Not necessary for me but very good addition it would (will?) be.

It does seem too that Jason really enjoys working with balanced topologies. The old Sumo amps are nearly all toroidal transformer-based models (IIRC) and the circlotron design (plus mosfets) has similarities to that. It'd make sense to run with something like that especially in the amp arena (trickle down from Rag in a way)
Interesting to note too that Cavalli audio seems to (from what I can gather) use a toroidal/circlotron type topology (lots of balanced) I suppose that working further with what Schiit learned from rag/ygg dev would be not only sensual but an engaging project for guys on Mike/Jason's level.

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #153 of 475
First Up...Jason.....

shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-1680x1050.jpg

Second Up....I have pieced all the Da-Vinci-Code tips and clues together from Jason's online books and deciphered what the new products will be:

*   Dog Schiit:   Jason/Mike have come up with the first dedicated amp/dac combo for your pets.   Rated at a THS of <0.003%  (Total Harmonic Snausages).   {editors note:  the amp will come with the Schiit 5 year warranty however said warranty is null and void if user piddles on amp while its plugged in).

*  Schiit Sandwich:     Custom knobs for all existing Schiit amps...which now go to 11.    (bonus points for 'tap fans that remember the '**** sandwhich' review reference). 

* Schiit For Shineola:    mens dress shoes with bluetooth speakers in the heels

* Schiitnado:    More of a promotional video than a product.   Jason, Mike,  Lisa, and the rest of the Schiit crew must help save the planet after a tornado hits their warehouse and carries huge quantities of Amps and DACs around LA killing people  (primarily people whom willingly ran into the tornado for some sweet Schiit gear!).

*  T.A.R.D.I.S:   Totally Amazing Radical Daammmmn Its Schiitastic!      (no product description here,  just had to have some Doctor Who fun).

*   Schiit First Ask Questions Later:      a new state of the art amplifier and digital music library with built in voice recognition (think Siri)...however in this case the artificial intelligence has the voice of Mike...who will listen to your request and then pick a song he wants to hear instead. 

*  S.C.H.I.I.T:    Something Cool,  Hot, Interesting, Impressive Technically.      (again..no product descript here,  but i think the acronym works). 

*  Schiit Man:    Again, not a product, but another promotional film (sponsored by Marvel films) where Jason is a mild mannered designer of cool gear during the day,  and at night he puts on a unform and cape and joins the avengers fighting crime.   (His superhero outfit bears the Schiit insignia.)   His superpower is distracting the evil villains with shiny new awesome audio products long enough for the Avengers to throw a net over them.   He's never failed.

Like Y'all I CANT WAIT!   Been so looking forward to the new stuff that Jason's been teasing.   

Peace .n.   "Where words fail,  music speaks"  hans christian anderson.

3ToF....Schiit fan!  

Jul 23, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #154 of 475

frown.gif

So excited for this, it's gonna be the schiitiest audio show evar!  
smile.gif

We're gonna be announcing some cool schiit in the weeks leading up to the event, so you'll see what I mean soon enough.

In the meantime, I've got my Schiit pants...

...and my Schiit shirt!

My body is ready.

Jul 23, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #156 of 475

*   Schiit First Ask Questions Later:      a new state of the art amplifier and digital music library with built in voice recognition (think Siri)...however in this case the artificial intelligence has the voice of Mike...who will listen to your request and then pick a song he wants to hear instead. 

Dam that was funny... it made me chuckle out loud...

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #158 of 475
My guess? One portable DAC and two DAC's that can handle DSD and MQA.

The portable DAC is likely, especially if they manage to fit a r2r DAC into it. That will certainly be a first!

DSD and MQA..... extremely unlikely considering Jason and Mike's stands on that 2 format. It IS possible that they might release a portable Loki but I doubt it.

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #159 of 475
A product with a switch on the front.
eek.gif

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #161 of 475
  First Up...Jason.....

shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-1680x1050.jpg

*   Dog Schiit:   Jason/Mike have come up with the first dedicated amp/dac combo for your pets.   Rated at a THS of <0.003%  (Total Harmonic Snausages).   {editors note:  the amp will come with the Schiit 5 year warranty however said warranty is null and void if user piddles on amp while its plugged in).

This exclusion should apply to human owners as well...

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #163 of 475
They're announcing a television program intended to show audiences the members of our community who are hopelessly addicted to audio. They'll force the subject to spend a week without their favorite gear, wandering aimlessly through life without their beloved music. The program, which airs every Thursday night on CBS, is called Scared Schiitless.

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #164 of 475
Please let one of the announcements be a change to blue LED lights instead of the blinding white ones on all of their current products plus a mod service for prior owners.

Jul 24, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #165 of 475
  Please let one of the announcements be a change to blue LED lights instead of the blinding white ones on all of their current products plus a mod service for prior owners.

Mod service, at your service:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back