We got ljokerl a UM Miracle!
Jan 10, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #46 of 232
^ I disagree with that

if you are sending $ to whomever is taking the collections, exclude any other information, it is not for you or anyone else to vote on what he gets.  Joker should choose, or just send him all the $ collected and let him do what he wants with it.  The man deserves diamonds and perhaps even his own country for the things he's done for us all lol

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #47 of 232
The vote is there for a reason. The money is also not ljokerl's but a combination of many head-fi members so it is quite reasonable for those people who are going to put their money into this to have a say on what they want. If at the end of 2 weeks when the poll expires I see that there's much more votes than people who are donating I'll just send a PM if I'm not lazy but probably will be asking them to edit their post to include a vote. Maybe it would have been a good idea to do that in the beginning but I'm not changing it now.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #48 of 232
I will donate, regardless of which headphone will be bought. Joker helped me so much.

Edit: I'll give 10 USD, regardless of which phone we buy. I don't know Joker or any of the custom in ears enough to have an opinion in this.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #49 of 232

Quote:
^ I disagree with that

if you are sending $ to whomever is taking the collections, exclude any other information, it is not for you or anyone else to vote on what he gets.  Joker should choose, or just send him all the $ collected and let him do what he wants with it.  The man deserves diamonds and perhaps even his own country for the things he's done for us all lol

Yea, this whole thread is created to see what we, collectively as head-fi, want to get him.  Lets not argue about that anymore because we've already spent a whole week and a whole other thread deciding that.

Yea I'm also curious on the poll too as I wish it would show who voted to stop the whole creating a new account and voting with 0 posts thing.  I know the people voting for the UM miracle are probably sweating bullets right now since the JH13 is so close =)

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #50 of 232
Sorry, I would have but I don't have a Paypal account. Hackers got my Ebay and Paypal account years back so I had to close them.
I will send him my Parts Express Mini Headphone instead
normal_smile%20.gif
J/K

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #51 of 232

Quote:
Quote:
^ I disagree with that

Yea, this whole thread is created to see what we, collectively as head-fi, want to get him.  Lets not argue about that anymore because we've already spent a whole week and a whole other thread deciding that.

Yea I'm also curious on the poll too as I wish it would show who voted to stop the whole creating a new account and voting with 0 posts thing.  I know the people voting for the UM miracle are probably sweating bullets right now since the JH13 is so close =)

I don't think anyone is arguing.  It is a discussion, not an argument.  Bottom line is Joker should have the final say.  

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #52 of 232
Jan 10, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #54 of 232
Jan 10, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #55 of 232
Jan 10, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #56 of 232
x3 let's not get distracted.

I would also suggest to disregard the poll if only donating users could vote. Maybe send the vote via PM or start editing posts with the vote (I'm more towards the latter). 

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #57 of 232
Kudos to you 12345142  for this great idea. Kudos also to Rawrster for his time to collect the funds and update the thread.

Unfortunatly my country doesnt support paypal so i cant send anything. If there is other payment method,i will gladly contribute $50 for Mike's iem. pm me rawrster if you have any other method.

as for what iem to get,i know that Joker likes the ck10( i debated with him and rawrster about ck10,remember rawrster?
very_evil_smiley.gif
 )and its probably his favourite. i am one of the few that had ck10(i dont know anyone else that have both except Shigzeo) and now the jh13.

i think its safe to say that if Joker loves the ck10, he will adore the jh13. i always thought that the ck10 is jh13's cousin(not brother because ck10 is not that good
tongue.gif
). 
jh13 imo is the best choice.
i honestly dont know why people voted for the miracle,is it because it is cheap? my vote goes to either UE or jh13.

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #58 of 232

Quote:
Kudos to you 12345142  for this great idea. Kudos also to Rawrster for his time to collect the funds and update the thread.

Unfortunatly my country doesnt support paypal so i cant send anything. If there is other payment method,i will gladly contribute $50 for Mike's iem. pm me rawrster if you have any other method.

as for what iem to get,i know that Joker likes the ck10( i debated with him and rawrster about ck10,remember rawrster?
very_evil_smiley.gif
 )and its probably his favourite. i am one of the few that had ck10(i dont know anyone else that have both except Shigzeo) and now the jh13.

i think its safe to say that if Joker loves the ck10, he will adore the jh13. i always thought that the ck10 is jh13's cousin(not brother because ck10 is not that good
tongue.gif
). 
jh13 imo is the best choice.
i honestly dont know why people voted for the miracle,is it because it is cheap? my vote goes to either UE or jh13.

This is a man that has owned both the ck10 (one of jokers favorite) and the jh13.  If this is how he feels then how do you think joker would feel getting the jh13? Brings up a good point doesn't it guys? =)

I think people voted for the UM miracle because there aren't that many reviews on it and I believe there was actually someone that voted for the UM on the old thread just because he didn't like JH audio (fanboyism I think he called it?).  I'm sure there are many reasons but midoo your opinion on this is great because you're one of the only people that have owned the ck10 and one of those customs up there.  Hopefully this will help people make the right choice.  

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #59 of 232
Hi! Newbie here, but regular reader for some time. (maybe 1-2 years) I linked his threads many times to our head- and earphone recommendation threads on a hungarian tech site. So I'd like to contribute $10 too. Maybe more, if some of our members decide to chip in.

Edit: I didn't vote, because I didn't even read that much about customs. I would leave the decision to the more experienced ones. IMO it makes sense, to review something that is lesser known, but getting something that many users wrote about has the adventage of us knowing joker's perspective better.

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #60 of 232
I do think that those voting should have more say than those who don't since in my experience when you take someone's money you also take their opinion on the matter as well.

Inks, since you did mention it (and I did as well earlier) I'll start messaging people later this week, when the poll ends or whenever I start seeing no one being added to the list but a ridiculous amount of votes and start sending people messages about their votes.

As for the CK10 and JH13 there are a few more than just midoo and shigzeo but I'm not sure if they regularly visit anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back