We got ljokerl a UM Miracle!
Jan 8, 2011 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 232

rawrster

Headphoneus Supremus

Mike (ljokerl) is a well known member around these parts of head-fi and many if not everyone here know of his in ear monitor and portable headphone review threads. This thread is an opportunity for us as a community to give back to someone who has given head-fi so much.

I propose that we as a community chip to help buy a pair of high end custom in ear monitors in the Unique Melody Miracle!    

I know that Mike has spent countless hours, effort and money helping us as a community with his two review threads, answering the dozens of PM's he receives daily about recommendations and just being helpful to both old and newcomers to head-fi in guiding us on our path to audio nirvana. There has to be 100 or so people that has been helped along the way or appreciates the hard work he has done!

There is enough people committed to donate so payments will begin shortly after I figure out some details about payment as well as payment instructions. Everything will be posted up when I get home.

I'll start it off as the first donation as I am the creator of this thread :)

[size=large]LIST OF MEMBERS WHO DONATED[/size]

1) rawrster

2) monoglycer

3) rroseperry

4) 12345142

5) 7swell

6) germanturkey

7) Jackquelegs

8) CEE TEE

9) imackler

10) incongnit0

11) dweaver

12) rymd

13) Anonymous01

14) Poetik

15) jant71

16) Anonymous02

17) mcnoiserdc

18) james444

19) blockhead

20) kingpintps

21) Inks

22) esanthosh

23) Very Legal

24) yifu

25) dms

26) MaxwellDemon

27) Anaxilus

28) patate

29) Painful Chafe

30) goodvibes

31) tuliotanikawa

32) meltie

33) Shufny

34) shane55

35) mikop

36) Anonymous03

37) zyzyx

38) Bazirker

39) FLACm0nkEy

40) Treepusher

41) Anonymous04

42) Photofan1986

43) DervishD

44) kaneman

45) galc1er

46) DKaz

47) shigzeo

48) kmhaynes

49) musdream

50) kiertijai

51) mythless

52) takoyaki

53) JamesMcProgger

54) stacey

Jan 8, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 232
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PAYMENT

Payments will be done via PAYPAL only. I will be sending messages to those who are donating and will include my paypal address.

The default contribution amount is $10 so the dollar amounts I calculated is only valid for that donation amount. There will be instructions further down for those who are donating more than $10.

There are various payment options depending on if you live in the US or not and if you want to pay using the gift option or goods/services. In order to use the gift option you must have the funds already in your paypal balance or pay with your bank account. Once again in order to use the gift option you must have the funds already in your paypal balance or pay with your bank account.

If you reside outside of the US please select US Dollars as the currency.

PAYMENT INFORMATION

In order to know who sent what everyone will need to use the note feature in paypal. On that note you will include your head-fi user name, amount you are donating after paypal fees as well as the number on the donation list so it is easier to find you. Also after payment please send me a separate PM titled "ljokerl fund payment" letting me know that you have paid and I will check my paypal account to confirm.

PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR $10 DONATION

GIFT OPTION FOR EVERYONE : You will send a total of $10
GOODS/SERVICES OPTION FOR US RESIDENTS : You will send a total of $10.61
GOODS/SERVICES OPTION FOR NON US RESIDENTS : You will send a total of $10.72

PAYPAL FEE STRUCTURE

US RESIDENTS : 2.9% + $0.30
NON US RESIDENTS: 3.9% + $0.30

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THOSE DONATING MORE THAN $10

GIFT OPTION : You will send the amount you want to donate
GOODS/SERVICES FOR US RESIDENTS : Add $0.30 to the amount you want to donate and then multiply by 1.029. Take that number and round up to the nearest penny
GOODS/SERVICES OPTION FOR NON US RESIDENTS : Add $0.30 to the amount you want to donate and then multiply by 1.039. Take that number and round up to the nearest penny

Lastly if you are given the option to pay the fee you may choose that as well.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND SEND ME A SEPARATE PM.

Jan 8, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 232
CURRENT VOTE TALLY

Unique Melody Miracle - 22
Jerry Harvey Audio JH13 Pro - 7
Westone ES5 - 2
Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors - 4

After looking at how the votes and how much money is gathered I have decided that there is more than enough information and no real need for more votes. We are buying ljokerl the UM Miracle.

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #7 of 232
I'll contribute $10 - Unique Melody Miracle.

I'm glad to see the movement that I started is taking off smoothly. Just one thing - Ed at Westone told me the ES5s were $950.

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #8 of 232
Noted. I couldn't find the price but I saw them on the earplug store for $900 but I'll make the change.

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #10 of 232
i will do 10 bucks.  just gotta remember my paypal password..

miracle

Jan 8, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #12 of 232
In for $10!

Makes sense to me to go for the most neutral iem (which will serve as a good baseline against all other phones for his reviews): UE Reference Monitors.

Jan 8, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #15 of 232
I'm in for $20 for now. Contact me if your needing more to hit a goal.

I originally voted for something else, but upon reading up on the IEM's listed, I think Joker would like the Unique Melody Miracle so that's my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back