Wavelength Audio Brick
Jan 17, 2009 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xenithon

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all. Just wanted to ask if anyone owns, has owned, or has had experience with the Wavelength Audio Brick DAC. Impressions seem to be few and far between (and most formal reviews are 90% descriptions of its innards and technology).

Any comments on it sound quality and characteristics, as well as comparisons to other DACs, would be most appreciated
wink.gif

Cheers
X

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 4
X2 here. I once so close to get a Brick 2.0 before Christmas but finally decided to go for the Chord QBD76.

There used to be a customed version of Brick 2.0 that uses silver transformer and was rumoured to be the most musical USB tubed DAC below $4000. Whether this is true or not I cannot tell.

But Empirical Audio and Wavelength are apparently the most recognized USB Audio expects in the field today.

F. Lo

Jan 19, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Meh granodemostasa had a brick but a much earlier version which he didn't like. I had a Wavelength Cosine DAC (also on the side of older) which I likedish more then say a Lavry or Benchmark, but I found sources that I liked much better.

JP11801 also had a recentish Cosecant maybe he can give you his opinions on as well. He doesn't have it anymore though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back