Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 25, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #5,731 of 14,292
Thank you, I am loving it. The pictures don't do it justice. It's really gorgeous.

And since I've bought 5 watches over the last 15 years from Tourneau, they knocked $400 off of it, so I got it at at the same price as an unauthorized internet seller, plus they add a 3rd year to the warranty.

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #5,735 of 14,292
Feb 25, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #5,736 of 14,292

Quote:
Thank you, I am loving it. The pictures don't do it justice. It's really gorgeous.

And since I've bought 5 watches over the last 15 years from Tourneau, they knocked $400 off of it, so I got it at at the same price as an unauthorized internet seller, plus they add a 3rd year to the warranty.

Congrats on the new watch!  BTW, seems as though eventually all Omegas will replace their existing movements with derivatives of the 8500 movement. (Omega's in house design)  Prices seem to be going up as a result too!  Omega grew 35% last year!!  
basshead.gif

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #5,738 of 14,292

Quote:
Is this really true? Can someone confirm this, I keep hearing Omega's are going to go up in price real soon, even the ones out there right now. Or is it just partially true?

That's what my Jeweler told me.

Feb 25, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #5,739 of 14,292

Quote:
Is this really true? Can someone confirm this, I keep hearing Omega's are going to go up in price real soon, even the ones out there right now. Or is it just partially true?

Not sure about Omega but I heard most European watch are going up due to strong Euro and weak dollar.

Feb 25, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #5,740 of 14,292

Quote:
Not sure about Omega but I heard most European watch are going up due to strong Euro and weak dollar.

I don't care what the real reason is.

I'm blaming everything on the recent spike in oil prices.
rolleyes.gif

wink.gif

Feb 25, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #5,742 of 14,292

Quote:

Tell me about it, it cost me over $60 to fill up my car...

That tells me two things.
1) you don't live in California
2) you don't live in California

If you did live out here, that would maybe pay for a tank full on a Prius. A tank for me right now is running $85 or $90. Where I live and work, we're over $4/gal for Premium. Bastards.

Oops... sorry, this is a watch thread. It's raining outside. Um, I'm wearing my Seamaster today. Of course.
L3000.gif

Feb 25, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #5,744 of 14,292

Quote:
It cost me well over $50 to fill up my tank...any I ride a push scooter. Damn you Libya! 

Citizen Calibre 8700 today.

Hahahah... Libya has nothing to do with it, of course. It's just an excuse. The price was increasing long before mid-east unrests. The oil for the gas currently at the stations was pumped out of the earth and bought over 3 months ago. The current price of oil ($97/barrel) is for April delivery.

And tomorrow I'll probably be wearing my Black Monster or Fortis Cosmo as they are both able to take a beating. I'm going to the tax preparer. I may be pounding on her desk...

Feb 25, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #5,745 of 14,292
Haha, I know, but I like how speculators put people into panic which gives companies the "right" to charge more for oil. Libya doesn't even put out enough oil for it to be a quantitative problem but oh well.

Watches, watches, watches.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back