Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 14, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #5,701 of 14,284
I wish I wasn't a kid and had a job and could get a nice watch. At least one would be nice. Someday I shall have one. 

Have you graduated from high school yet? If not, there's still time to hint that you would like one for a graduation present. That's how I got my Stowa. :wink:

Feb 14, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #5,702 of 14,284
No, I have not. Graduation present? I will give my parents an option -- all college expenses at the college I want and get accepted to or a Vacheron Patrimony Traditionelle open-worked. I understand college is much more expensive but the Vacheron is too pretty. 

On a serious note, I was thinking a decent Breitling or Omega, most likely something in their lower ranges. I can dream. 

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #5,703 of 14,284
No, I have not. Graduation present? I will give my parents an option -- all college expenses at the college I want and get accepted to or a Vacheron Patrimony Traditionelle open-worked. I understand college is much more expensive but the Vacheron is too pretty. 

On a serious note, I was thinking a decent Breitling or Omega, most likely something in their lower ranges. I can dream. 

Feel free. I'm happy with me $600ish Stowa, and I almost settled for a sub-$400 Tissot (Le Locle.)

Feb 15, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #5,705 of 14,284

Quote:
Egads! I never gave Zenith El Primero one good look until everyone here and on watchuseek started posting pictures of their El Primero acquisitons. Now , I'd love nothing more than to get my hands on one!

The Movement is the thing that stuck with me and there were times i just wanted the movement without the watch.

has anyone ever seen or wore a Patek 5167 before? wandering what the opinions of that watch are amongst you peeps. I personally never seen one in life yet but in pictures it looks amazing.

Feb 15, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #5,706 of 14,284
Heh, your parents must be much more upscale than mine.  If I'd asked one of them for a watch for more than a few hundred when I was in school, I'd either gotten laughter or they'd herniate discs in their necks from shaking their heads so hard. 
etysmile.gif
   My dad asks how much they cost when he sees me with a new watch...I always tell him "about five hundred."  Keeps him from having a coronary at my expense. 

Quote:

Feb 15, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #5,707 of 14,284
I've wanted an El Primero for awhile, thought about buying one about a year and change back. But after getting the Speedy Pro, I'm trying to diversify away from another chrono. Seriously debating Glashutte PanoMaticLunar, Senator Calendar, Senator Panorama Date with Moonphase...

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #5,708 of 14,284

Quote:
Eeeeek.  51mm is huge.  It'll look comical on your arm to anyone but you unless you're just a big beefy guy who can pull off a watch like that.  Oris watches themselves are primo, though. 

Nope. Billy's about 5'10" and 135lbs soaking wet. 
smile.gif
 The only thing that's big and beefy about Billy is his love for the finer things in life.

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #5,711 of 14,284
I'll never get the Oris. I might have when I used to do 100 dives a year. Now, I'd rather spend the money on a nice Seamaster.

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #5,712 of 14,284

Quote:
has anyone ever seen or wore a Patek 5167 before? wandering what the opinions of that watch are amongst you peeps. I personally never seen one in life yet but in pictures it looks amazing.

It seems like all the pictures I see of Pateks always look gorgeous. I'd love to own one, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the only way that may ever happen is by way of acquisition of a vintage Calatrava.

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #5,714 of 14,284
Love that video!

For something completely different but oddly linked! Both my watch below and the one shown in the video have something in common!

I know, my Omega is a quartz. What could it possibly have in common with that magnificent Tourbillion Blanchpain you ask? Well attention to supreme accuracy that's what!

The Tourbillion is there to counter the gravitational forces of the Earth and thus make the movement more accurate. My Constellation has Thermocompensation so as to maintain constant temperature which then maintains a greater level of accuracy! Currently my example has only gained +10 seconds in 21 months! Compare that with a normal quartz movement that which is normally +/- 15 seconds a Month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back