Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Mar 24, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #4,576 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chris knows I was waiting, He didn't miss anything. If he did, then his bookkeeping needs some work.
I can understand not having the particular model built yet, but I cannot understand the lack of customer service and re-negotiated ETA's.

By you saying, "I'm sure you're the only customer Chris deals with", I feel that was a really uncool statement. It's as if I'm at at fault. Not sure that you meant it the way it sounded, but I always had respect for you, and that comment made me out to be the bad guy.
I am usually a very mellow and patient person, but by not keeping me in the loop, and just dropping me by the wayside, that's just plain wrong. Every customer is important, and I've been quite patient.
An ETA was given (from February to July), and if I didn't write Chris in August 2009, I never would have heard from him again, and I did contact him, and yet, 9 months later, nothing but silence.

There is no excuse. He must be independently wealthy. I've worked in the service industry for 31 years, and if there's one thing that I've learned, that is, if you're not going to make a promised ETA, then most customer's would be happy with a new ETA. But silence, is what pisses customer's off.

Not sure why you're defending him...you have your orders filled.

I am not "defending" Chris, I have no reason to. You posted the same anti-Lum-tec remarks the last time I posted pictures of my Lum-tec. If you browse around the official lum-tec forums here you will see nothing but people praising Chris for how much detail he puts into making sure his customers are happy. People send their watches in for cleaning, or to have their chrono hands aligned perfectly, to have bands installed, etc. He goes above what any watch company owner would do, and then some. This is not "defending" him, I'm just telling you how it is.

But you didn't answer my questions:
1. Have you contacted him since he "forgot" your last response?
2. Are you going to argue me that we're only human and we make mistakes?

You understand, Lum-tec is just 2 people: Chris and his brother Jason, to fulfill all the orders, packaging, repair, designing, and dealing with customers all over the world on every nitpicky issue imaginable. You seem like a sensible person, surely you can understand how 1 message might slip through the cracks.

Honestly, of all the watch forums I frequent, you are the first person I've read to have anything negative to say about Lum-tec customer service. I would bet you if you posted your comments in the lum-tec forum Chris will answer it personally within hours (most likely). Good luck.

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #4,578 of 14,288
There are a few companies that do that, but it's obviously not cheap. Here's an LE Deepsea that I think is just killer.

SingleredDS12LR.jpg

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #4,581 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that all the special editions of the Speedmaster are silly and, in general, I don't like them as well as the original because of the way that legibility is impacted. However, one thing I like on the latest versions of Speedy specials is the red tip to the chrono seconds hand. That's a nice touch. As much as I understand that they don't want to change the original version, that's a mod I'd welcome. It really helps with legibility and adds just a nice bit of color to really set things off.

i do think that the speedmasters have been out of hand with all the special editions and the high number of pieces per SE but this one is probably one of my favorite but it also helps that it was a gift

CIMG3765Large.jpg

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #4,582 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are a few companies that do that, but it's obviously not cheap. Here's an LE Deepsea that I think is just killer.

[IMGhttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eAZMZQV5eiE/SbO29zUPxmI/AAAAAAAABJc/GTTOtz_NUoo/s1600/SingleredDS12LR.jpg/IMG]

the process to PVD is about $600 but also remember that it voids any type of warranty from the manufacturer but i guess it doesn't really matter when there's so many compentent watchmakers, i think i've only sent one piece back for warranty work .... all other times i've used a private watchmaker

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #4,583 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a fan of the artificial aging, sorry.

i agree .... if you want patina buy a vintage
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #4,584 of 14,288
CIMG3765Large.jpg

If memory serves me right, 1969 was a year of many achievements (especially if you are a NY-er).
In that year, the first man landed on the moon (giant step for mankind). My father bought a GTO (The Judge), the Knicks, Mets and Jets all won their sports championships, and, most importantly for this hobby, there was Woodstock.
Not sure if a President or vice President was in trouble that year, also
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #4,585 of 14,288
good morning guys .... since those were pretty much my first posts in this thread (as i never ventered out of the equipment forums) here's some of the collection although not all are still with me as with any hobby pieces come and go.

IMG_0988Large.jpg

IMG_0989Large.jpg

IMG_1822_Large.jpg

i don't wear/buy alot of watches made of gold but if i do i always opt for rose gold .... something about the softness and elegance of the color

IMG_1137Large.jpg

Mar 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #4,587 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog5145 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that's an impressive collection!

i've been into watches way way longer than headfi .... but i've always had a passion for music

Mar 28, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #4,589 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why 3 similar PAM 0112's in your collection?

the middle one is an 8 day radiomir you can tell by the larger case, no crownguard and the cushion shaped case .... if you look at them from the side (profile) you'll see much more difference as the radiomirs have a much sleeker case shape .... it has the samve movement of the rose gold 8 day posted in the last picture on the left

IMG_0460Medium.jpg

here you can see the similarities ....

the one on the right is a 2A and the one on the left is a PreA2 .... you can see the numbers and markers of both pieces have a bit of patina but the PreA2 on the left has a much nicer patina and the numerals are slightly fatter. i guess you can say the PreA2 is neo-vintage but i would say it's more one of the first mass produced and publicly sold pieces by panerai

Users who are viewing this thread

Back