Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
May 23, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #7,774 of 14,295
I really like the face on that watch, the strap colour seems a bit off though that might be just the lighting

The lighting doesn't help, but the strap is a little too green (and not enough olive) given the watch face.  It came with a nice leather strap which I use when I have to wear a shirt and tie, but for day to day use I really like the strap.

Jun 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #7,778 of 14,295
I can't post pictures yet, but I have around 32 G-Shock watches spanning several years, as this brand is something I really like, to say the least. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #7,779 of 14,295
Also I really like Shinola watches, as they are made by hand in Detroit.  I have the 47mm version brushed gold with brown leather strap Runwell watch.  Again, I can't post pictures yet, so for now, imagination rules. 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 14, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #7,780 of 14,295
i kind of dislike shinola,

They play on that made in detroit thing when really only final assembly is done in detroit,
All the rest is sourced from the fossil group which while not a direct owner is heavly involved.

so you get a half chinese watch with a swiss movement thats "made in detroit" becuase you had a person put it in to the case in detroid,

For that i rather get a LumTec which are also put togather in the US with forgein parts but alteast they dont play on the "made in detroit" BS and have better and more interesting watches.

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #7,781 of 14,295
  i kind of dislike shinola,

They play on that made in detroit thing when really only final assembly is done in detroit,
All the rest is sourced from the fossil group which while not a direct owner is heavly involved.

so you get a half chinese watch with a swiss movement thats "made in detroit" becuase you had a person put it in to the case in detroid,

For that i rather get a LumTec which are also put togather in the US with forgein parts but alteast they dont play on the "made in detroit" BS and have better and more interesting watches.

I get what you are saying.  I have read this as well.  I read that the parts were from Swiss watch company Ronda AG.  However, looking at their videos of staff who got laid off from working in the nearby car companies and then learning how to assemble the watches, and a company that comes into a troubled city and gives jobs, is A-Okay in my book - regardless of the "politics" behind it all.  I like the fact that a lot of their watches are slightly exclusive, and is always a conversation starter when someone comments on it.  But I can see where you said other companies (like LumTec) makes better and more interesting watches.  If I want an better and interesting watch, I'll always go for a bluetooth GDX G-Shock, or a barometric, compass, and altimeter Rangeman.  To tell you the truth, I wouldn't buy a Shinola for myself, as I received one as a gift, but it is nice to give the watch to someone (like a significant loved one) as well.

Jun 14, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #7,782 of 14,295
What would be a good G-Shock recommendation somewhere around $100 (maybe? budget isn't fully set but somewhere around there) for someone who already have an Invicta aviation watch, a seiko chronograph watch and a G-Shock G7710? Somewhere along the line I'm probably going to get a divers watch as well, but leave diving out of the equation this time around.

I'm saying I want a G-Shock with something unique that my other watches don't have. Altimeter and thermometer perhaps? I don't know, pitch me something.

I've got to admit that I love the looks of G-Shock GDF-100, GA-series (100, 150, 200, 300). I'm leaning towards the GDF right now, however, I don't have any ana-digi watches so I definitely need to keep an eye on some of those as well.

Tips? Recommendations? I want it to be a G-Shock purely out of taste..

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #7,784 of 14,295
  What would be a good G-Shock recommendation somewhere around $100 (maybe? budget isn't fully set but somewhere around there) for someone who already have an Invicta aviation watch, a seiko chronograph watch and a G-Shock G7710? Somewhere along the line I'm probably going to get a divers watch as well, but leave diving out of the equation this time around.

I'm saying I want a G-Shock with something unique that my other watches don't have. Altimeter and thermometer perhaps? I don't know, pitch me something.

I've got to admit that I love the looks of G-Shock GDF-100, GA-series (100, 150, 200, 300). I'm leaning towards the GDF right now, however, I don't have any ana-digi watches so I definitely need to keep an eye on some of those as well.

Tips? Recommendations? I want it to be a G-Shock purely out of taste..

I would go here first: http://g-shock.jp/products/new/ to find out the newest and older gshocks, since this site will give you access to 99% of the gshocks made in the world.  Find one you like, then copy and paste the model number onto ebay, and purchase the one you want!  Simple as that.  As for finding an altimeter and thermometer watch around $100...new...you won't find it.  My Rangeman retails for $300, but you can get one for a discount (~10-20% off) at your local watch store if you haggle a little.  The only G-Shock you'll find for around $100 with the most technological feature, would be a regular GD watch that has Multi-Band 6 capabilities on eBay.  Good luck, and let us know which one you decide to buy.

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #7,785 of 14,295
A few weeks ago I picked up this

I'm wearing it with a fairly plan leather strap at the moment, I got someone to change it for me.
I bought these as well, but I'm a little too scared of changing the straps myself at the moment :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back