Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Apr 21, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #7,711 of 14,284
  Just ordered one of these...

c11-auto-kvkt_christopher-ward_3.jpg

Gift from my dear Father who passed away recently. Wanted something nice to wear every day.

Nigel,

Chr. Ward should pay you a commission.  A co-worker walked in with this on his wrist, today! 

I had shown him your post and the Chr.Ward web site. Like me (and you), he agreed this is their most attractive offering, at the moment.  He went back to his desk and ordered it on the spot.  He was out on holiday last week or I would have seen it sooner.

It's very, very nice in person.  Larger than I had imagined.  A real eye-catcher, for sure.  

beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #7,712 of 14,284
I just bought myself a Mondaine Evo Big Size. Love it! The most legible watch I've ever used. I've wanted one for years but my Lords just keeps on going. I finally took the plunge as Amazon had it for £135.

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #7,714 of 14,284
Sweet, Wokei!

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #7,719 of 14,284
  Do you guys have any experience iwth Steinhart watches? I am thinking about picking up an Apollon soon and wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.

Steinhart seems to be a very good watch maker, or at least that's the impression I was left with while reading some threads from WUS. The Apollon looks pretty awesome, seems to be a bit thick though... I'm actually saving up for --> http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/Aviation-Vintage,487.html

:wink:

Ok Ok, I lied, I'm not actually saving up... I just have bids on a couple of other watches on eBay!!! LOL

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #7,720 of 14,284
Steinhart seems to be a very good watch maker, or at least that's the impression I was left with while reading some threads from WUS. The Apollon looks pretty awesome, seems to be a bit thick though... I'm actually saving up for --> http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/Aviation-Vintage,487.html

:wink:

Ok Ok, I lied, I'm not actually saving up... I just have bids on a couple of other watches on eBay!!! LOL

Huh, sounds good. I should have looked at WUS myself and will probably check people's opinions there.

Yesh, it is thock, but I am not much into diver or pilot watches and the Apollon fits my collection perfectly ad well :)

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #7,721 of 14,284
Huh, sounds good. I should have looked at WUS myself and will probably check people's opinions there.

Yesh, it is thock, but I am not much into diver or pilot watches and the Apollon fits my collection perfectly ad well
smily_headphones1.gif

Post some pics once you got it!!!! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back