WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Mar 1, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #1,203 of 1,210
I have had also the fake one. And sell them (as fake). They both looks very very similar but when you touch the original one the cable feels quality soft. The original one also have softer silicone ear plugs.

Mar 3, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #1,205 of 1,210
Ok so I saw them today and they are fake, the box isn't like original, there are wires visible from the side of the jack. But they didn't sound that bad as I expected from fakes. So we could find and agreement about price for those fakes, they are just ok for gym. It is really hard to buy original IE8(0) from second hand. And i don't want tompay full price for them, since they are better sounding headphones in this price.

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #1,206 of 1,210
Only found this thread after paying £70 GBP for a pair from www.plentyretail.com. The retailer goes by a number of names including www.jarkata.com.

And sure enough, I've been sent fakes. It would be really useful if the OP could amend the first page of this thread as it is now mostly out of date. The ONLY cosmetic things on mine that indicated they were fakes were the missing Dutch bullet point and the foam insert not cut correctly. Oh - the hologram was also missing on mine, but other posters have commented that these can be reproduced.

Of course the proof is in the listening - they are garbage. Maybe that's harsh... they are about the same quality as the free headphones you might get with an I-phone. But nowhere near what you would expect from IE8s.

I am trying to get my money back from my credit card provider. Plentyretail haven't answered a single email that I have sent and have no other contact details for them.

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #1,210 of 1,210

this is my original ie8 with silver cables (thus cable plugs are not original)

original cable plugs have tiny orange and red wires in it. can be only seen under sunlight :)

compare it by yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back