Want opinion on Xmas love letter...
Dec 26, 2002 at 4:49 PM Post #61 of 64
Perhaps, give her some time ( a month maybe), don't be pushy. Then sometime down the road ask her if she would like to have a bite to eat for lunch or a coffee. You do not want to have her think you are obsessed.

Dec 26, 2002 at 4:55 PM Post #62 of 64
Very true Jon...

That is much more likely to push her away, if she gets worried about you stalking her and suchlike (extreme example I know)

Its a tough one, in her reply to you... did she just completely cut you off : 'No Joe, sorry i'm not interested in you', or was it something more... neutral 'Sorry Joe, but right now i'd rather just be on my own'... depending on how her reply to you was, if it was example 1... cut your losses, and move away, or 2... give her some time and space, and just drop subtle hints every now and then
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope it helps Joe

Thanks

Dec 26, 2002 at 5:36 PM Post #63 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
You think I can't have a second try?
frown.gif

Moving on may be the best way to have a second try. Ask someone else out that seems like a decent enough person and let time take its course with the first girl (don't avoid here though). Don't try to build anything more with the person(s) you take out than friendship and you will be relaxed and can have fun. Maybe in a few months, if you haven't stumbled on someone spectacular, girl #1 will reconsider that free lunch.

A True Story: (here he goes again.....)
There was a girl I was interested in once and managed to have her ride to a group event with me (only because she liked my car). Well she wasn't interested me much (I guess I make a lousy first impression
frown.gif
) and even though I saw her almost weekly I didn't ask her out and remained "just friends". Over the following 2 months several times I took out a girl who was visiting the US from Minsk, Belarus and showed her the town (the state, actually) and had fun and life was good
biggrin.gif
. Well, when the mutually friend of the first girl and I had an emotional breakdown in public
eek.gif
, we were thrown together for the day until we could get ahold the friend's roommate and parents. We went and had coffee afterword and sat and talk for a while.

We now have three kids and a mortage.
wink.gif

Dec 26, 2002 at 8:02 PM Post #64 of 64
joe,
sorry it didn't work out. rejection sucks, but don't let it get you down.

it can be hard to meet someone. do you have time for a part time job? if so, get work at a local coffee shop or starbucks (if they have them in hk), coffee smell is an aphrodisiac. i met my wife working at starbucks, and before her another girl who was into all kinds of kinky stuff. plus if it goes bad, hey it's just a part time job, not your carreer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back