VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Feb 10, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #406 of 1,164
oh, no mr wizard!funny thing is when I was referring to time it wasn't about burn in. it was about me having the time to write.

Lol, but I still predict the next 20 or so post being an very interesting battle between believers and non believers that we've never seen before :wink:

Edit: and you don't have to review it just compare it with the Duoza, jk :)

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #407 of 1,164
Lol, but I still predict the next 20 or so post being an very interesting battle between believers and non believers that we've never seen before :wink:

Edit: and you don't have to review it just compare it with the Duoza, jk :)
yeah, that burn in issue happened on the ttpod2 thread also

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #408 of 1,164
Feb 13, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #414 of 1,164

Can you please do detailed comparison. VDS5 vs Duoza.

This is not very detailed but here are a few impressions, VSD5's super comfortable, hardly know they are there. ZA Duoza sometimes fall out when I move around, fit is a lot like XBA-H3's.
I find myself listening to the VSD5's more than Duoza's, but that is just in  my experience, you may hear differently.
Sources used Fiio X5, IBasso DX90

Sounds: The Flower Kings, Genesis, Steve Hackett, Yes ( I think Progressive music will give you how much detail a iem can retrieve because there is a lot going on and the instruments can sound congested on some earphones/headphones so if it sounds great with this genre it will most likely sound good with most anything (jmo)

ZA Duoza / Blue Hybrid Silicon tips (TTPOD2)
Changed to the hybrid tips and seemed to bring out a deeper bass, yet still retain the crisp highs and mid- range.
Sound stage to me is being in front of stage in small club, intimate.
Vocals have an airy openness and separation. Guitars (electric; have a good edge to them Acoustic: sound crisp and clear)
Cymbals have tight crisp brass sound.

VSD5/ Provided Comply Tips
Well rounded bass, mid-range a little forward, highs bright and crisp.
Sound stage is dependent on source material/mix, but these are really smooth (IMHO) and place you in center of small auditorium/hall
Vocals clear (can hear singer take breath on some tracks) Drums are tight.

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #415 of 1,164
  I'm surprised the graph is so flat; the bass feels more enhanced than that.

i find myself with mixed reactions about bass, on some tracks (eg: Until it's Done Zakii Remix Linkin Park) bass is really tight, punchy, super detailed and rolls off really well, you feel the thump and rumble going in your ears, while on some tracks (eg: Sweet Child o' Mine) bass seems weaker than what i used to hear with my previous earphones/headphones, it's not like really bad, but the songs like these sometimes feel slightly dry and tinny.

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #417 of 1,164
  May be because they dont have midbass ?

uhm, sorry for being noob, but i still don't understand properly sub-bass vs. midbass.
redface.gif

what i understand is the thump you feel with about 70-100hz is midbass, below that is sub-bass;

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #419 of 1,164
I've been generally pleased with the bass.  It has only seem overpowered in a few instances so I believe that was the track and not the VSD5's fault.  The lack of a 'bass hump' means they aren't quite as fun for electronic music, but they still work.  Drums, bass guitar and guitar sound really good.  Vocals seem a bit recessed to me, not very intimate.

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #420 of 1,164
  http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm

thanks for the link, looking into it.
L3000.gif

Quote:
  I've been generally pleased with the bass.  It has only seem overpowered in a few instances so I believe that was the track and not the VSD5's fault.  The lack of a 'bass hump' means they aren't quite as fun for electronic music, but they still work.  Drums, bass guitar and guitar sound really good.  Vocals seem a bit recessed to me, not very intimate.

quite agree with this.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back