VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Feb 8, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #392 of 1,164
Hello, I own many headsets medium and high range as players and amplifiers. I vsd3 and vsd3s. the vsd5 sounds better than the vsd3 s. It's hard to explain but has a much more addictive and Best Quality low, is more rounded. treble are very accurate and not tiring. recognize that when opened not looked detuned sounded good, but as you use greatly improved sound and Sigun doing. I think my shure exceeded 535 in .a low as you go burning will write my impressions.
ahhh with headstage arrow 3g sound is really amazing the perfect sonid under appreciated. bass I like more than the GR07 bass. FiiO sources are x1, sansa clip rockbox, hisoundaudio studio 3 aniv, sanza zip rocbox. My English is very bad sorry !!!!!

Feb 9, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #393 of 1,164
VSD5 frequency graph as seen here: http://www.igao7.com/news/201501/Yu8eJKpvFgnvkRcQ.html

BTW, mine are at the post office just 2kms. from my place, couldn't get them today due to office work, will try tomorrow. :)

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #394 of 1,164

great, do post your impressions on these, and also how they compare with VSD3S and others in this price range. mine are at the customs right now, hoping to get them soon .:)

Just quickly, I think these have a more balanced sound signature than VSD3s, very lush and open. I also like these better than my ZA Duoza at this point of listening time. Listened to Duoza, Basso's and VSD5 this weekend.

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #397 of 1,164
  VSD5 frequency graph as seen here: http://www.igao7.com/news/201501/Yu8eJKpvFgnvkRcQ.html

BTW, mine are at the post office just 2kms. from my place, couldn't get them today due to office work, will try tomorrow. :)

Wow, I was really expecting the massive peak to be higher up in the spectrum based from my listening. But it does coincide with the general impression that the VSD5 is indeed a bit bright sounding. 

I am still enjoying my pair quite a bit. It makes for an enjoyable listening session after listening to something neutral for a while.  

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #398 of 1,164
Got my pairs today.
gs1000.gif
#2098/6000

Initial impression, massive soundstage, detailed lows, slightly recessed mids and slightly sibilant highs, though highly detailed and quite neutral sounding to me, driving through my Sansa Clip Zip. Loving them, will post detailed impressions after some burn in. :)
Update: They fit so snuggly in my ears and isolate so well, one of the most comfortable earphones i have tried, though the build quality is what i am slightly concerned about, very bad strain relief at the 3.5mm jack, would need to baby them for that i suppose.

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #399 of 1,164
  Just quickly, I think these have a more balanced sound signature than VSD3s, very lush and open. I also like these better than my ZA Duoza at this point of listening time. Listened to Duoza, Basso's and VSD5 this weekend.

Can you please do detailed comparison. VDS5 vs Duoza.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #403 of 1,164
Actually, Tyll himself describes the experience of comparing a fresh and a 'burnt-in' pair of AKG portable headphones and the noticeable difference: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/testing-audibility-break-effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back