VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
May 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #106 of 2,003
Maybe this is a bit of flawed logic but......

Vsonic say this will have 80% of the sound of the GR07 according to the promotional material. Assuming this is actually true, Jokers review of GR07 gave the sound a 9.1/10 therefore 80% of 9.1 equals 7.28/10. While 7.28 is pretty good, its no better than the GR02 Bass (7.6/10) or R02 Silver (8/10) which are both similarly priced.

Probably nonsense but just a thought anyway....

May 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #107 of 2,003
Maybe this is a bit of flawed logic but......

Vsonic say this will have 80% of the sound of the GR07 according to the promotional material. Assuming this is actually true, Jokers review of GR07 gave the sound a 9.1/10 therefore 80% of 9.1 equals 7.28/10. While 7.28 is pretty good, its no better than the GR02 Bass (7.6/10) or R02 Silver (8/10) which are both similarly priced.

Probably nonsense but just a thought anyway....

I wouldn't read that far into his reviews.

While they are an indication of quality, it's by no means the same experience as individual users will have.

People shouldn't take the numbers so literally, as they are simply an estimated quality projection of one person.

May 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #108 of 2,003
I have been wondering if the VSD1 is something truly outstanding or just another "good" FOTM budget IEM.  Time will tell I guess. 

May 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #109 of 2,003
Quote:
I have been wondering if the VSD1 is something truly outstanding or just another "good" FOTM budget IEM.  Time will tell I guess. 

There does seem to be a lot of hype about them, much more than the R02 silver for instance which was recently released (and was reviewed highly by Joker), that I can't quite work out. It's certainly odd that quite a few people are already convinced that they've gotten a bargain before anyone has properly heard/reviewed them.

Anyway I'm probably just raining on everyones parade, I hope they are the deal of the century!

May 27, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #111 of 2,003
If they were truly outstanding(or most anything for that matter) they probably wouldn't be $49 normal price. It should be their best under $100 phone so far. Seeing as how their GR02 versions are probably the most bought entry level/first phone ever( up there with the likes of the CX300), these will no doubt get hype and be well sought after(LMUE early sell out already attests to this).

You just have to have the right expectations and not confuse popularity and quality for the same thing.
ksc75smile.gif

Having some speculative fun with the Joker scoring stuff, if the GR02 scored an 8 and the CKM500 scored an 8 and people have reported the VSD1 as better than both already so the score should be in the eights somewhere. Heck, my CLR100 seems as good as the CKN50 which is said to be above the CKM500 so it should be in the 8's as well :)

May 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #112 of 2,003
I think everyone was just in the right mood to get hyped last week lol

Still, here's to hoping they rock. Airomjosh's review certainly provides hope!

May 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #113 of 2,003
Quote:

There does seem to be a lot of hype about them, much more than the R02 silver for instance which was recently released (and was reviewed highly by Joker), that I can't quite work out. It's certainly odd that quite a few people are already convinced that they've gotten a bargain before anyone has properly heard/reviewed them.

Anyway I'm probably just raining on everyones parade, I hope they are the deal of the century!

Well, that's because the R02 is using a very popular OEM design and there are a dozen iems that look just like it including a handful by vsonic itself, so aside from naming confusion a lot of people are probably looking for something new and different. It was the same with the Gr04 flagship - joker never auditioned it, most people skipped it because of the naming confusion and even though IMO it's the best sub-$100 vsonic to date and the closest to gr07, it just flew under the radar and it's discontinued now. As far as the bargain factor - you always get a bargain with vsonic - it only boils down to whether the sound signature is to your liking and whether you like the fit and isolation.

edit: And I wouldn't get too much into the pricing - LMUE sold the gr04 flagship for 50 bucks and it was really close to what the gr07 could do

May 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #114 of 2,003
I think everyone was just in the right mood to get hyped last week lol

Still, here's to hoping they rock. Airomjosh's review certainly provides hope!

Here is to hoping they TRANCE my ears off to heaven!

Everyone here needs to lighten up and just enjoy your purchases. No need to think so deep about a £25 IEM.

May 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #115 of 2,003
Quote:
Everyone here needs to lighten up and just enjoy your purchases. No need to think so deep about a £25 IEM.

Nah, you're just trying to kill the festive mood and friendly comments in here caused by all the hype just because you don't have a VSD1 on its way to you 
size]

May 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #116 of 2,003
Nah, you're just trying to kill the festive mood and friendly comments in here caused by all the hype just because you don't have a VSD1 on its way to you 
size]

Lol, but I have Zero Audio DX200 Carbo Tenore on the way to me. Plus x2 of MEEwhat stuff haha

May 27, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #118 of 2,003
Quote:
size]

I'd say that given that Lifted doesn't have them on the way, it's admirable that he is trying to keep things positive. If I was in that situation, I'd be trash talking those crappy iem's to make me feel better LOL!

May 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #119 of 2,003
Quote:

I'd say that given that Lifted doesn't have them on the way, it's admirable that he is trying to keep things positive. If I was in that situation, I'd be trash talking those crappy iem's to make me feel better LOL!

Nice one! That's a neat way to imply how bad is his situation and to indirectly make him think about that. That's trolling on a different level LOL

May 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #120 of 2,003
Quote:
Nice one! That's a neat way to imply how bad is his situation and to indirectly make him think about that. That's trolling on a different level LOL

Ha! And here I thought that is was a nice way of implying just how darned mean and nasty you were being to him LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back