VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
May 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #136 of 2,003
Well, the Singpost site is having issues right now but it actually hasn't changed the info on my package at all. I just occasionally check my post office's website. Anyway, Singpost is as fast as usual with the package arriving  2 days and few hours after shipping unlike other Asian post offices (read China Post) , which can't even process the package before shipping it for less than 2 weeks.

May 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #137 of 2,003
Well, the Singpost site is having issues right now but it actually hasn't changed the info on my package at all. I just occasionally check my post office's website. Anyway, Singpost is as fast as usual with the package arriving  2 days and few hours after shipping unlike other Asian post offices (read China Post) , which can't even process the package before shipping it for less than 2 weeks.

Now that makes complete sense! Thank you for telling me that I could just look it up on the USPS website.

Dispatched to my country :)

May 29, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #138 of 2,003
Just got my package

edit: Yeah, they are meant to be worn cable down, which is odd as the housing even with the slightly longer strain reliefs is perfect for over-the-ear use and its convex shape is like particularly made to place your thumb when you put them over the ear. Not that wearing them cable down is uncomfortable but is a bit weird, especially when they bothered to include ear guides and made the housings this way. So, wearing them over-the-ear is without issues for the people who asked but only if you don't mind swapped channels or if your source can swap them. I'll do some tip rolling and write some initial impressions later today as I have some work and have to take my cat to the vet

May 29, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #139 of 2,003
Quote:
Just got my package

edit: Yeah, they are meant to be worn cable down, which is odd as the housing even with the slightly longer strain reliefs is perfect for over-the-ear use and its convex shape is like particularly made to place your thumb when you put them over the ear. Not that wearing them cable down is uncomfortable but is a bit weird, especially when they bothered to include ear guides and made the housings this way. So, wearing them over-the-ear is without issues for the people who asked but only if you don't mind swapped channels or if your source can swap them

I'm so giddy right now!!! 
size]

May 29, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #140 of 2,003
Yeah, me too, but I don't have time for them right now but I'll try to make some time for auditioning and posting more pics a bit later

May 29, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #141 of 2,003
Quote:
Yeah, me too, but I don't have time for them right now but I'll try to make some time for auditioning and posting more pics a bit later

Thats a shame, I wouldn't be able to delay opening them and getting stuck in lol

May 29, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #142 of 2,003
Kova4a, I am so jelly right now. My tracking hasn't updated past "dispatched to other country".

I'm hoping that the VSD1 arrives on Saturday along with my MeeWhat prize.

May 29, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #143 of 2,003
Ok, so everything else has been done and I can finally deal with the job at hand - to listen to some music and in the meantime roll some tips and rotate some nozzles.
edit: hmmmm, two minutes in and only with the stock tips, which aren't the best fit for me and I can tell you the VSD1 is really really good.

May 29, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #144 of 2,003
Ok, so everything else has been done and I can finally deal with the job at hand - to listen to some music and in the meantime roll some tips and rotate some nozzles.
edit: hmmmm, two minutes in and only with the stock tips, which aren't the best fit for me and I can tell you the VSD1 is really really good.

This is going to sound really stupid, but I haven't owned a headset I couldn't wear over ear--besides my 385s but that is due to design--but couldn't you just wear the Left earphone in the right ear and vice versa.

May 29, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #145 of 2,003
Quote:
This is going to sound really stupid, but I haven't owned a headset I couldn't wear over ear--besides my 385s but that is due to design--but couldn't you just wear the Left earphone in the right ear and vice versa.

Yeah, you can but the channels will be swapped. On a pc it's easy to swap the channels, so that the left earpiece that is in your right ear feeds you the right channel but not all portable DAPs have this option. Don't worry, it's pretty comfortable as it is - worn straight down as the round housings don't hurt your ears. I think that maybe vsonic realized it sounds better will shallow insertion and decided in the last moment to make it this way LOL as over-the-ear will give you a deeper seal

edit: of course as usual it will take me at least a couple of days to determine, which tips are the best for it as I have quite a bit tips.

May 29, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #146 of 2,003
Quote:
Yeah, you can but the channels will be swapped. On a pc it's easy to swap the channels, so that the left earpiece that is in your right ear feeds you the right channel but not all portable DAPs have this option. Don't worry, it's pretty comfortable as it is - worn straight down as the round housings don't hurt your ears. I think that maybe vsonic realized it sounds better will shallow insertion and decided in the last moment to make it this way LOL as over-the-ear will give you a deeper seal

edit: of course as usual it will take me at least a couple of days to determine, which tips are the best for it as I have quite a bit tips.

Can you please post a picture of them in the ears worn down?

That'd be great! Thanks in advance.

May 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #148 of 2,003
OK, so this is how it sits in my ear and with a bit smaller tips it might be better

edit: and here it is over-the-ear

edit: I'm stil very early in the auditioning and comparison process and it's not that I'm trying to become the engineer of this hype train but even without the recommended by vsonic 100 hours of burn-in I'll have to say the VSD1 is definitely better than most sub-$100 iems (and maybe above but I'll see about that) and for now is definitely better than vsonic's previous try in that category - the VC02. Oh, and the mh1c too and brainwavz R1... (new ones will keep coming

May 29, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #149 of 2,003
Oh, you tease you! Would you say that out of the box they come close to the GR07 BE? (80% of sound claim)

May 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #150 of 2,003
I'll never rush to conclusions so early and I haven't heard the BE, only mk2. The bass extends well but is a bit boomy and lacks behind on speed in comparison the gr07 - if it tames after the burn-in then we'll talk about how it handles with the above-$100 competition

edit: it's not very hard to drive - easier than gr04 and gr07 and that darned VC02, which for no reason is so hard to drive. Also, the VSD1 is not prone to pick up hiss, which is pretty good given that it doesn't have the lowest sensitivity. So far it's main drawbacks seem that it lacks a bit of control in the bass region and that affects the lower mids. The sounstage actually has pretty good width but is not particularly impressive in the depth department. Still, I'm not dismissing the claims by vsonic about its sound as it does have a lot of potential - mainly the bass needs to tighten a bit. It does have better highs than the gr04 flagship and they are smooth ans I'm not detecting any issues with sibilance although I'm not particularly sensitive to it. I'm not exactly sure why vsonic included only one pair of single flangle tips and one pair of bi-flanges and all these foam tips as IMO the last thing the VSD1 needs is more emphasis to the lower region and a more laid back treble?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back