VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
May 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #31 of 2,003
I should be getting a review sample of the VSD1 soon so I'll be sure to report back after I've had a chance to evaluate them.

But don't think I'm getting a freebie. I had to pay almost as much to ship the things from VSONIC as I would've paid LendMeUrEars.
etysmile.gif

May 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #33 of 2,003
Quote:
Really, I didn't even try it coz before it worked only on items that weren't already discounted and as the vsd1 is, I just assumed it won't work not that less than 3 bucks is a big deal but now I blame myself LOL

That's what I figured too but I just tried the coupon on the VSD1 anyway and it didn't work for me so that was short lived.. :)

May 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #35 of 2,003
May 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #36 of 2,003
My wallet is going to hunt you down. Very tempted.

May 24, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #38 of 2,003
Ok, I bit... this will be my first VSonic IEM.

My Sony XBA-4iP sounds great, but it protrudes out of my ears a bit. And I prefer to run the cable up around the ear lobe, which I can't.
Monoprice 9927 sounds good, but the housing is uncomfortable for my ears.

Hopefully these sound great, are flush in my ear and comfortable.

May 24, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #39 of 2,003
If you had to rank them and the MH1C numerically from 0-10 how would you rank them? Comfort wise are they better than the MH1c? Are they heavy?

Also, are the mids more forward than the MH1C?

I LOVE my MH1c except for the fit issue. These seem good for the price. Where did you get them for $30?

Thanks for the impressions.

I'm not good at giving them a numerical value but in terms of overall sound quality, for me, VSD1 win over MH1C . They are the most comfortable IEM in my inventory and theyre not heavy. I can use them during workouts.

I have no problem with the mids of MH1C but compare to VSD1, it becomes recessed. I bought them here in China for only 199 yuan or 30USD.

I have the Monoprice 8323 and JVC HA-S500.  If I were to classify, I would say the Monoprice is more geared towards low and high (V shape?) and the S500 is more balanced.  Also, I would say S500 is analytical; not sure how I would classify the Monoprice.

I have MP8320 and I find them mid centric. They are also good but I find the mids too aggressive. I got them the same time I bought MH1C so I did not enjoy them because MH1C took most of my time.

I've been looking for a worthy oponent to my gr99 as my budget IEM's, I think these might be the answer. Vsonic really know how to make bang for the bucks items, if only someone could help them out with naming their products

I also have GR99 and I consider VSD1 a big upgrade.

May 24, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #40 of 2,003
I am quite tempted to give these a try but I'm currently saving up for Sony XBA30.

I'm using the Audio Technica CKM500 and Audio Fischer Silver Bullets at the moment, don't suppose anyone could comment on how these sound against them?

May 24, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #41 of 2,003
Really, I didn't even try it coz before it worked only on items that weren't already discounted and as the vsd1 is, I just assumed it won't work not that less than 3 bucks is a big deal but now I blame myself LOL

You should always blame yourself because you missed out on the discount. That will teach you about not looking for discount codes in the future lol :p

PS: Apparently they only put the reduced price up for this weekend. Then they will go back up to full price on Monday.

May 24, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #43 of 2,003
Quote:

I also have GR99 and I consider VSD1 a big upgrade.

Thank you, I'll get them then
beerchug.gif

Just need to find a place where I can get them for USD35 or less, otherwise import duties in Norway will double the cost for me.

Edit: Anyone knows if LMUE mark package as gift with lower value? 

Edit2: Screw it, just took the chance and bought them. I'm so good at resisting temptation
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #44 of 2,003
Quote:
Edit: Anyone knows if LMUE mark package as gift with lower value? 

Edit2: Screw it, just took the chance and bought them. I'm so good at resisting temptation
biggrin.gif

Yeah, they do. I haven't had a single vsonic iem from them held at the customs - even the gr07 mk2 
size]
 but of course there's always a slim chance that the customs decide to check the package anyway.

May 24, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #45 of 2,003
Quote:
Yeah, they do. I haven't had a single vsonic iem from them held at the customs - even the gr07 mk2 
size]
 but of course there's always a slim chance that the customs decide to check the package anyway.

Sounds great, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back