VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
May 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #16 of 2,003
Quote:
Oh man, should I buy this, or should I buy used CKN70 for $50?

Two completely different sounds you got there mate. The CKN70's are treble happy that do decently with the other frequencies. While the VSD1 seems to be more geared toward the Mids & lower spectrums. I believe both have a very good sound stage.  

May 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #17 of 2,003
Quote:

Ah yes, I could have just looked at your profile! I wonder how the VS1D's stack up.

Anyway, screw it. Just ordered them. That's it. I'm done. Self-banning in process.

Well, we'll just wait and see but honestly the vsonic products never disappoint with their price to performance ratio. I hope I get mine till the end of next week or so.

May 23, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #18 of 2,003
Quote:

Ah yes, I could have just looked at your profile! I wonder how the VS1D's stack up.

Anyway, screw it. Just ordered them. That's it. I'm done. Self-banning in process.

Lol, you'd have Head-Fi withdrawal symptoms within an hour 
size]

I'm really thinking about buying these too, just emailed LendMeURears to enquire about EMS shipping to UK. 
size]

I should ban myself too, only just bought the Zero Audio Tenores lmao

May 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #19 of 2,003
Quote:

Lol, you'd have Head-Fi withdrawal symptoms within an hour 
size]

I'm really thinking about buying these too, just emailed LendMeURears to enquire about EMS shipping to UK. 
size]

I should ban myself too, only just bought the Zero Audio Tenores lmao

Lendmeurears use Singapore Post and shipping is free. It's usually super fast - like 4 to10 days to Europe if there aren't any issues, so you can order without worries or waiting for them to answer your questions coz that's the only thing they are slow at - replying to questions 
size]

May 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #20 of 2,003
Lendmeurears use Singapore Post and shipping is free. It's usually super fast - like 4 to10 days to Europe if there aren't any issues, so you can order without worries or waiting for them to answer your questions coz that's the only thing they are slow at - replying to questions 
size]

Haha that's pretty quick I have to say.

Still I'm gonna hang on till I get a reply from them about the EMS shipping. Coz as soon as my for sale stuff is sold I'll be purchasing some of those Vsonic beauties.

May 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #21 of 2,003
Quote:
Two completely different sounds you got there mate. The CKN70's are treble happy that do decently with the other frequencies. While the VSD1 seems to be more geared toward the Mids & lower spectrums. I believe both have a very good sound stage.  

I'm new to head phones so I'm trying to understand sound signature.  I have the Monoprice 8323 and JVC HA-S500.  If I were to classify, I would say the Monoprice is more geared towards low and high (V shape?) and the S500 is more balanced.  Also, I would say S500 is analytical; not sure how I would classify the Monoprice.

If you have these, help me classify :)

May 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #22 of 2,003
Quote:
I'm new to head phones so I'm trying to understand sound signature.  I have the Monoprice 8323 and JVC HA-S500.  If I were to classify, I would say the Monoprice is more geared towards low and high (V shape?) and the S500 is more balanced.  Also, I would say S500 is analytical; not sure how I would classify the Monoprice.

If you have these, help me classify :)

i wouldnt classify s500 as balanced or analytical.  definite bass hump and highs arent that great but good

May 23, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #23 of 2,003
I've been looking for a worthy oponent to my gr99 as my budget IEM's, I think these might be the answer. Vsonic really know how to make bang for the bucks items, if only someone could help them out with naming their products
wink_face.gif

May 23, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #25 of 2,003
Quote:
Lendmeurears has started selling it for $36.79. I just ordered a pair coz I'm curious how it will compare to their other budget models and mainly the gr04 flagship as I wasn't really impressed with the vc02

I wasn't very impressed with the VC02 either.. Their sound signature didn't really appeal to me despite the glowing reviews for them here.. Think I might give the VSD1 a try and sell my never to be used again by me VC02 for cheap or give them to a friend.

May 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #26 of 2,003
Quote:

I wasn't very impressed with the VC02 either.. Their sound signature didn't really appeal to me despite the glowing reviews for them here.. Think I might give the VSD1 a try and sell my never to be used again by me VC02 for cheap or give them to a friend.

Well, it wasn't the sound signature that didn't impress me - it was the sq. The vc02 is a decent performer for the money but not that great vsonic sub-$100 slayer that can replace the current vsonic lineup that some people are trying to make it. It's a nice addition to the bunch but just not my favorite, especially with the gr04 flagship in there, which is my favorite sub-$100 iem after the meelec a161p. Even the Gr02 BE impressed me more coz its treble was almost spot-on to what I like. I hope the vsd1 will be a good contender coz I'm always looking for cheap iems to recommend or for gifts. 

May 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #28 of 2,003
Quote:
Also remember to use LMUECUST and get the extra discount.. Comes out to 34.01 shipped

Missed that! Good to know for others though.

You snagging a pair as well?

May 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #30 of 2,003
Quote:
Also remember to use LMUECUST and get the extra discount.. Comes out to 34.01 shipped

Really, I didn't even try it coz before it worked only on items that weren't already discounted and as the vsd1 is, I just assumed it won't work not that less than 3 bucks is a big deal but now I blame myself LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back