VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #5,326 of 7,982
The main focus is power and clarity in one. The BEs do this. The vanilla's are just soft 'phones for those who prefer soft music. These BEs give impact to most hiphop tracks, while not over-doing it on the rock tracks. Edit: Maybe we can coin these people as "soft listeners."

I'm not sure what you mean by vanilla. Different iem?

Anyway I don't even use the iem for heavy metal, my preference in hip-hop is not bass, I prefer balanced sound sampling jazz, soul and blues.

Jun 11, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #5,327 of 7,982
I have both the MK II and BE and even though I'm not the audiophile a lot of folks here are, I can easily tell the difference between the two. They've both been burned more than 50 hours. The BE's I got first so they have been burned in longer.

First, I will say that both headphones need a good seal to get the optimal sound from them. If it's not sealed and not positioned right, they both seem to "leak" the sound out, like the instruments are far away. They take longer to put in your ear just right than any IEM I've used (note that these are the most expensive IEMs I have for now and I guess a lot of top tier IEMs can be like this.) This sounds like first world problems and it is, but it's just as annoying as someone who has to change the channel on their TV instead of the remote.

The difference in the bass response is pretty big. Groups like Daft Punk will really show it. And because the bass is so powerful on the BE, it does recess the mids for me. So I see it as the BE is more consumer friendly for people who like that thump while the MKII being more neutral is for those who like things more musical. The other thing is because the BE bass is so powerful, it might be fatiguing since you feel your ears vibrate.

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #5,328 of 7,982
Quote:
I have both the MK II and BE and even though I'm not the audiophile a lot of folks here are, I can easily tell the difference between the two. They've both been burned more than 50 hours. The BE's I got first so they have been burned in longer.

First, I will say that both headphones need a good seal to get the optimal sound from them. If it's not sealed and not positioned right, they both seem to "leak" the sound out, like the instruments are far away. They take longer to put in your ear just right than any IEM I've used (note that these are the most expensive IEMs I have for now and I guess a lot of top tier IEMs can be like this.) This sounds like first world problems and it is, but it's just as annoying as someone who has to change the channel on their TV instead of the remote.

The difference in the bass response is pretty big. Groups like Daft Punk will really show it. And because the bass is so powerful on the BE, it does recess the mids for me. So I see it as the BE is more consumer friendly for people who like that thump while the MKII being more neutral is for those who like things more musical. The other thing is because the BE bass is so powerful, it might be fatiguing since you feel your ears vibrate.

^^^^  agree  +1

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #5,329 of 7,982
Just wanna ask if the cable on the mk2 is much much more flexible than the mk1.1.. Forgive me if this was asked before. I know the mk2 has more flexible cable but I want to know if it is far from the mk1 that it looks like more durable. My mk1.1 got cable issues after a year.. It is my only IEM that has developed cable problem. :frowning2:

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #5,330 of 7,982
Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by vanilla. Different iem?

Anyway I don't even use the iem for heavy metal, my preference in hip-hop is not bass, I prefer balanced sound sampling jazz, soul and blues.

vanilla = old = predecessor

Anyway... I noticed a split in my BEs, so I've sent them back and am currently using the MK2s. I was going to return them, but I guess I should keep them as backups.

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #5,331 of 7,982
How do these compare with the Shure SE215LTD Blue?  I'm interested in the sound comparison, but mainly interested in the size comparison, as I just received the SE215LTD and they are not very comfortable. They hurt my ears after about an hour of listening.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with the large size of the driver housing not being a good fit for my ears.

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #5,332 of 7,982
How do these compare with the Shure SE215LTD Blue?  I'm interested in the sound comparison, but mainly interested in the size comparison, as I just received the SE215LTD and they are not very comfortable. They hurt my ears after about an hour of listening.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with the large size of the driver housing not being a good fit for my ears.

Before you give up on the shure, try going down a tip size or two. I know the olives can give a really full feeling.

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #5,333 of 7,982
Quote:
Before you give up on the shure, try going down a tip size or two. I know the olives can give a really full feeling.

I am fairly certain that it is the size of the SE215LTD driver that is causing the pain and discomfort.  I had been using the smallest size Shure olives, so today to test whether it was the tips or the driver that was causing the pain and discomfort, I put the smallest size olives in my ears alone without the driver or anything.  I was able to keep them in for around 3hours without any noticeable  discomfort.  Then I put the smallest size rubber tips on the SE215LTD's and wore them for about an hour.  I could start to feel a coldness tingling sensation, where I am assuming if I continued to wear them it would eventually become numb and painful like yesterday, from lack of blood supply to the area where the driver is coming into contact.  The sensation is hard to pinpoint exactly where it is happening because of lack of sensory nerves like a fingertip.  But the best I can tell from looking at a few external ear anatomy photos, it appears to be directly above my ear canal, on the crus of helix.

Circled in red is an approximation of where the discomfort is.

Jun 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #5,336 of 7,982
I tried to contact them with regard to the same issue some 4 weeks ago via their email service@vsonic.com.cn which is published on their "Contact Us" page, but I haven't received any answer....
blink.gif

Have a look at this post in the specific G07 Tips Thread which resumes some research that I did about Comply Foam.  The ones I've ordered haven't arrived yet, so I can't confirm yet if they are a good fit.  However, the tips thread gives some interesting advice about the matter.

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #5,338 of 7,982
Quote:
Anyone know where I can get good ear guides for the gr07. I lost one of the included guides earlier today.
mad.gif

Maybe you can try not needing them? They are really much more comfortable without the earguides. If your problem is the cord not staying put on the back of your ears then you just maybe have to learn how to put them on correctly. :)

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #5,339 of 7,982

Maybe you can try not needing them? They are really much more comfortable without the earguides. If your problem is the cord not staying put on the back of your ears then you just maybe have to learn how to put them on correctly. :)

FWIW...
The cable on the right of my GR07 is stubborn; it likes to twist outwards away from my ear unlike the cable on the left side (which tends to twist inwards towards my ear). I just deal with this by moving the cable guide higher and not turning my head to the right too much. 
redface.gif

Jun 21, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #5,340 of 7,982
Quote:

FWIW...
The cable on the right of my GR07 is stubborn; it likes to twist outwards away from my ear unlike the cable on the left side (which tends to twist inwards towards my ear). I just deal with this by moving the cable guide higher and not turning my head to the right too much. 
redface.gif

I've noted that cables tend to twist outwards if the earphones are not positioned exactly as they should. The outward twist seems to be imposed if the cable guide exiting from the earpiece is not very parallel to my ear, and the relative thickness of the cable worsen this effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back