I've been thinking about it... I got them for use while riding my motorcycle on highways and I still can't get a comfortable good seal under the helmet.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Vsonic GR-07 = WOW Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- VSonic GR07: Exquisitely Balanced Last post on 9/8/11 at 4:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newb Looking for Good IEM around 150 (GR07,262,EPH-100,R-50,BA200) Last post on 12/2/12 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HF5 vs R50 vs GR07 Last post on 2/5/13 at 4:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
GR07 - Tips Thread - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hey. This is my first post in a forum (ever), but wanted to sign up and add my comment as I've found this site to be invaluable. I purchased the GR-07 BE's (my first serious pair of headphones) based on reviews / comments on this forum, and am very pleased with them. As far as tips go, I didn't find any of the standard tips that were included with the headphones to be suitable. So, based on this thread, I ordered the MEElec M6 headphones and the associated tips that were included. After some 'testing' I have settled on the large silicon triple flange tips. I found that they fit snugly, have good isolation (I often use earplugs, so noise isolation is important), are relatively secure (even when I'm at the gym / running), and most importantly the sound is great.
Thanks again to everyone who contributes to forums like this. I've just ordered a pair of on-ear headphones for my fiance, again based on this forum. I'm pretty sure she'll be happy with them, so am passing on her thanks in advance.
I was initially using the stock tips, before I learned that IEM's are designed to be inserted some way into the ear canal (I know, I'm new to this...)! When I realised this, I couldn't get any of the stock tips to fit quite right. Which was a good thing, because once I got a nice snug fit with the M6 tips the sound quality improved exponentially. Especially the bass, which had been virtually non-existent. Bit of a learning curve for me. Am looking forward to trying some Comply foam tips next.
Edited by tunaboy - 5/20/13 at 11:05pm
Dear all, I got my GR07 MK2 yesterday and just LOVE it with the pair of foam tips delivered with it. What a wonderful sound, fit and comfort. :) (didn't like sound/comfort with the other tips)
I am new to IEMs (my experience is more in full size circumaural headphones), but I guess that the foam tips will degrade with more time of use. For this reason and also for hygienic reasons, I would already like to order some replacement foam tips that come as close as possible to the original ones. Having read through this entire thread I found some confusion about the COMPLY T-400. Some say they fit, others alert they don't.
Can anybody bring some light to this? Those who say they didn't fit, could they detail what exactly was the problem? Those who say they fit, can they inform if any mod is required? On Comply's web site I have found the GR02 in the "Comply Tip Finder", but no information about the GR07.
Edited by Renato-CWB - 5/26/13 at 8:29am
I did a bit of reading and ended up ordering some Comply TX-200 tips. I'm waiting for them to arrive so will let you know how they fit on the GR07. Like you I found some conflicting reports about which size fit better, the 200's or 400's. From what I could gather it seemed like those who used the 400's only did so because they already had them from use with previous IEMs. Will keep you posted (pardon the terrible pun).
Agree with tunaboy that some reports about Comply Foam really seem conflicting and that it is not easy to draw a definitive conclusion. For that reason, I have been in contact this week with this specialized ebay seller (http://myworld.ebay.ca/marcopoloca?_trksid=p2047675.l2559) who has been very kind and patient about the issue.
Following are his comments (resumed from several mails) based on the GR07 MK2 nozzle measurements that I have passed to him (nozzle core 4mm, nozzle ring 5mm => see picture of the measurment reference):
- T-100: "T100 would be way too small "
- T-200: "T200 is just under 5mm. So if your measurement is correct at 4mm, the t500 seem to be the best hope."
- T-400: "I measured both the t400 and t500, t400 is about 5 mm and t500 is closer to 4mm."
- T-500: "I measured both the t400 and t500, t400 is about 5 mm and t500 is closer to 4mm."
I have also tried to get advice directly from VSONIC and COMPLY, but unfortunately they haven't replied....
So, I think that I will give it a try with the T-500s and, of course, get back with my experience (this could take a little longer since delivery time to Brazil takes about one to two months).
Edited by Renato-CWB - 5/29/13 at 12:59pm
Agree with tunaboy that some reports about Comply Foam really seem conflicting and that it is not easy to draw a definitive conclusion. For that reason, I have been in contact this week with this specialized ebay seller (http://myworld.ebay.ca/marcopoloca?_trksid=p2047675.l2559) who has been very kind and patient about the issue....
Coming back to my last post above. My T500s have arrived today and my conclusion is that they work OK with the GR07. Their central core is around 4,5mm (whereas I have measured the original GR07 foams at 4mm) and the T500s core tube seems a bit softer than the original GR07 one.
In my opinion they provide a reasonable fit and don't fall off easily (ex. just by removinng the phones from the ear), however the fit is not as strong as with the original foam. The second diference is that the T500 need to be pushed over the second ring in order not to fall off and go until the point that I marked below with the purple line, whereas the original GR07 foam only gets until the green line.
Hope this helps in some way to bring an additional element to the question which comply foam fits best. I don't know if the T500 are best (don't know the other sizes), but they work ok.
As an additional point it seems interesting to mention that the front hole (where the sound comes out) of the foam is a diferent size between the two foams. The GR07 foam front hole as a diameter of 3mm, whereas T500s have a 4mm diamenter. I believe that this diference may be favourable to the T500s as the larger exit may help to prevent from obstruction when placing in the ear (as shown by Tyll from InnerFidelity in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Zc5meSooI).
Edited by Renato-CWB - 7/1/13 at 8:12am
Just to weigh in my experiences with the gr07 and tips...
I have larger ear canals, and can sometimes have even the largest of the silicon tips supplied with the IEMs lose seal.
With my Brainwavz B2s, I found the P-100's to be the most comfortable in my ears (and provided the best seal), but the core of the P-100 is way too small to fit the gr07.
So, in an effort to re-use existing tips, and to get the best sound with maximum comfort, I have done the following:
- Ripped out the plastic cores from the gr07's supplied foam tips (referred to as "gr07 core" from now). See the first image here http://imgur.com/a/MzyHp
- Ripped out the plastic cores from two P-100 Comply foam tips (referred to as "coreless P-100s from now). See the first image here http://imgur.com/a/MzyHp
- Cut down the length of the P-100s to be only slightly longer than the gr07 core. See the first image here http://imgur.com/a/MzyHp
- Getting the gr07 core into the core-less P-100s is helped massively by using a pen. See the second and third images here http://imgur.com/a/MzyHp
- Put the newly cored P-100s onto the gr07, and follow Renato's video instructions:
Quote:the larger exit may help to prevent from obstruction when placing in the ear (as shown by Tyll from InnerFidelity in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Zc5meSooI).
- Note: The coreless P-100s will slip off the gr07 core when you remove them from your ear, unless you are really careful!
- Using this technique, you get a clear unmuffled sound with a great seal, and much reduced microphonics (that you would otherwise get from a single flange silicon tip)
I have a pair of the Large MeElec M6 triple flange tips on the way, and will give them a try too
Here is an album showing the tips and how to put the gr07 core into othe coreless P-100s: http://imgur.com/a/MzyHp
Edited by jesstelford - 7/2/13 at 7:51pm
What is wrong with this company Vsonic that you spend US$180 on their GR07 and they do not provide a source for replacement tips ?
The 18-pack of tips they sent should be a sample, so that purchasers of the GR07 can then order the ones that fit the best !
This alone is a very good reason to not get the GR07.
For me the stock foam work great.
However after reading this 30 page treatise on tips, I am no better off than if I just guessed at a replacement tip.
It is not like I can bop into some local shop and view and buy tips, or send off an order to Amazon, being that I live in a small Latin American country where nothing is available.
I am wondering if any of the tips on Lunashops at http://www.lunashops.com/category.php?id=25 would work as a replacement for the stock Vsonic foam tips, being that they offer free worldwide international shipping and have prices more in line with the true value of a foam tip ?
Edited by Chacho - 7/14/13 at 10:11pm
Chacho, I agree with you about this part. This is really a weak point. I have tried a contact with them but never got any reply.
However, about foam tips especifically, re-read my posts #174 and #175, I think they show a possible solution (in my case for the GR07 MK2).
Edited by Renato-CWB - 7/15/13 at 2:31pm
I had actually saved your first photo and measurement for future reference. Now I have gone back and reread your posts, as you mentioned. I have now saved the second photo also; the one showing the depth to which the original foam tips sit, as compared to the depth that the T-500 tips sit. I have taken some other notes from your posts also, so that when the time comes that my original Vsonic Foam Tips wear out, I can consult my notes, and go ahead and order the T-500s, even though I consider their price with international shipping to be literal train robbery. (I would love to be in the Comply Foam Tip business!) Thanks for pointing me toward your posts.
As unfortunate as it may seem, our engineers have tested the GR07 device and deemed it incompatible with our tips. Bummer, I know. For safety reasons, we recommend using our tips only on compatible devices... we don't want to cause you to go to the emergency room because a tip got left in your ear drum...
Now we can all ask ourselves if the GR07 device is incompatible with Comply tips, or if existing Comply tips are incompatible with GR07 device...
Understanding of course your politically correct answer, I would however like to make two additional comments:
1) The T-500s are serving in practice (according to my post #175). They may not be ideal, but on the other hand they certainly won't be stuck left in the ear drum. They are not such a tight fit as the original tips, but they don't fall off easily if positioned over the second ring of the GR07 (until the purple line of the ilustration of the referred post).
2) Would it be such a great deal to "simply" introduce a Comply model with a core that offers full compatibility? I think that an inner core diameter of 4mm would offer perfect and tight fit.
Thanks for your considerations.
Edited by Renato-CWB - 7/19/13 at 3:04pm
- GR07 - Tips Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 56 seconds ago
- › Audeze sine vs Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Advice on buying a first DAC/Amp combo in 40 - 600 price range... 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Help choosing a my first audiophile headphones. 3 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha RX-S601 AV Receiver Review by mark2410 3 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...