VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 5, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #1,021 of 7,982
@Koopa989 - To be fair we'd probably do a worse job at translating it to Chinese or w/e
biggrin.gif

They probably just did a Google translate like I used to do for all my French homework back in the day muhaha.

Sep 5, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #1,022 of 7,982

Quote:
At this point, the fitment issues are my one struggle point.  The HF5s insert very deeply, and so you know when they're fitting properly.  The GR07s, while isolating quite well, sit much further out on the ear canal.  My left ear especially is a bit funky, and so I really notice when the fit changes.  This is true of the HF5s as well, but to much less of a degree for me.  Honestly, it may just mean that I need different size ear tips for each ear.  I'm currently using Sony Hybrids on the GR07s, and the Ety triple flanges on the HF5s.  

I should make a follow-up to my comments about "fitment" issues, since a number of folks have commented on this point.  Truth be told, I've found that the GR07s generally go on very easily and are remarkably comfortable.  My personal fitment issues are more around staying put -- especially when I wear them at the gym -- and with my left ear specifically.  I will need to see about using different sized ear tips on my left ear, though I honestly don't know if I need larger or smaller at this point.  What I *do* know is that with the GR07s and other IEMs, my left ear is always the side that gives me trouble.  Clearly the issue is me, and not the IEMs.  That said, I haven't had shallow-fit IEMs in awhile (compared with Ety HF5, almost *everything* is shalllow-fit), and they seem less likely to stay put.  It'll just take some fiddling with.

Any other success with ear tips?  Anyone used the Klipsch Gels?  I'm not a fan of foam, so I'll likely steer clear of those.

Sep 5, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #1,024 of 7,982
Guys i forgot my medium stock tips at home which were longer than the hybrids. I am abroad for 3 months and Hybrids lose the seal easier for me. So i will give a try to the shure olives. Anyone has experience with them? from a quick search  i havent found impressions. Do olives tend to affect the sound?

Sep 5, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #1,025 of 7,982

You may want to pm dweaver.  I know that he was customizing the olives with a soldering iron and I wanna say that there was some issues with the sound.  He did talk about them at some point in this thread.

Quote:
Guys i forgot my medium stock tips at home which were longer than the hybrids. I am abroad for 3 months and Hybrids lose the seal easier for me. So i will give a try to the shure olives. Anyone has experience with them? from a quick search  i havent found impressions. Do olives tend to affect the sound?

Sep 5, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #1,026 of 7,982

Quote:
You may want to pm dweaver.  I know that he was customizing the olives with a soldering iron and I wanna say that there was some issues with the sound.  He did talk about them at some point in this thread.

K i will. In Joker's threat, i see that he recommends the olives with some iems which have 3.5mm nozzle. that makes me think positive that olives might fit with a bit of squeeze. 

Sep 5, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #1,027 of 7,982
I had the use a soldering iron to make the hole a bit bigger to fit the nozzle correctly but I found the tip affected the treble to much for my liking. I have yet to order some myself but I have read good things about the Jays foam tips.

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #1,028 of 7,982

Quote:
I had the use a soldering iron to make the hole a bit bigger to fit the nozzle correctly but I found the tip affected the treble to much for my liking. I have yet to order some myself but I have read good things about the Jays foam tips.

So you say that without a mod they cant fit in the nozzle?

Sep 5, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #1,029 of 7,982
Can anyone compare these to Klipsch Image S4? Are the GR07s a clear and substantial upgrade? I have my S4's for the gym, but want something a little more refined, bigger sound, more details and depth for serious listening. I was looking at the IE8 but realized that I simply cannot afford them right now, and they MIGHT be too bassy for me (though not fair to say without hearing for myself). Is it safe to assume the 07s will beat out the s4s? Also, how do the 07s compare to the IE8's? Are they at least comparable in clarity, instrument separation, and midrange? I can tolerate not having the biggest soundstage, but I'm really looking for a phone with superb clarity, timber, and detail (everything the S4's dont have for me), but while maintaining that smooth-ish, musicality of a dynamic driver. Thanks a lot!

Sep 5, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #1,030 of 7,982
The S4 are garbage compared to the GR07. One is $40, the other is $180; you can't think they'd be very close in sound quality.

Quote:
Can anyone compare these to Klipsch Image S4? Are the GR07s a clear and substantial upgrade? I have my S4's for the gym, but want something a little more refined, bigger sound, more details and depth for serious listening. I was looking at the IE8 but realized that I simply cannot afford them right now, and they MIGHT be too bassy for me (though not fair to say without hearing for myself). Is it safe to assume the 07s will beat out the s4s? Also, how do the 07s compare to the IE8's? Are they at least comparable in clarity, instrument separation, and midrange? I can tolerate not having the biggest soundstage, but I'm really looking for a phone with superb clarity, timber, and detail (everything the S4's dont have for me), but while maintaining that smooth-ish, musicality of a dynamic driver. Thanks a lot!

Sep 5, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #1,031 of 7,982
Yeah the S4 can't even begin to dream to imagine to fantasize about coming close to the GR07. I remember my first time hearing the S4 and comparing it to my Meelectronics M6 (a fairly low-level IEM) and thinking that the M6 sounded better. The GR07 will bring you to another listening plane, just like it did for me

Sep 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #1,033 of 7,982
go for an audience, compare it, i auditioned the w4, and guess what, i like the GR-07 better.

Just because they're expensive doesn't mean they'll sound better, cause it all depends on what're you looking for.
*most of those top of the line IEM, is probably cause they're expensive that's why they're called top (that's just my own pun though).

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #1,035 of 7,982
Quote:
So you say that without a mod they cant fit in the nozzle?

I wasn't willing to try and force the tips on any harder than I did before I modded the tip dimension with a soldering iron. But that may just be me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back