VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 3, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #991 of 7,982

Quote:
Probably stating the obvious here, but sometimes when you insert the longer tips too far in they can kind of 'close' or 'fold' on themselves, which inherently ruins the sound - I've had this happen loads with bigger foam tips etc
biggrin.gif
- Just a heads up for those trying to touch their brain with IEM's!

X2

Sep 3, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #992 of 7,982
Common fault imo especially with the IE8. A good self test is to insert your iem from outside your ear in very very slowly. You will be amazed at how quickly and how shallow your seal will be.

IE8 pushed in deep makes it sound very muddy but when only just in the ear sounds like a whole new iem.

Sep 3, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #993 of 7,982
I to have no fit issues with my pair. I play around with tips but that is as much a nerd tendency on my part because I like to tinker and listen for differences rather that comfort or fit. But I am also a shallow insertion user where as Etymtic users would be used to a deep insertion I believe.

Sep 3, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #994 of 7,982
angrybacongod I believe you got the large jays silicone and found them larer than the large hybrids or at least stiffer or something to that effect. Given your experience should I go medium Jays over large (I wear large but usually only with really soft tips). Also are the foam worth grabbing in your experience? I'm thinking since the shipping will be the price of one pair I might as well get the foams and the silicone but wouldn't mind more comments.

Thanks

That was me. I think the large jays are even bigger than the hybrid LL. The Jay silicones are also thicker, so that's what makes them seem stiffer. They sound good though. I haven't tried the mediums, so I can't say if they are big enough.

Sep 3, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #995 of 7,982
A new treat for your GR07 encrusted ears (brand new from the Red Hot Chili Peppers). Sounds great with the EX600 too. RHCP said this song is their version of Black Sabbath meets Michael Jackson.

Sep 4, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #996 of 7,982
angrybacongod I believe you got the large jays silicone and found them larer than the large hybrids or at least stiffer or something to that effect. Given your experience should I go medium Jays over large (I wear large but usually only with really soft tips). Also are the foam worth grabbing in your experience? I'm thinking since the shipping will be the price of one pair I might as well get the foams and the silicone but wouldn't mind more comments.

Thanks

That was me. I think the large jays are even bigger than the hybrid LL. The Jay silicones are also thicker, so that's what makes them seem stiffer. They sound good though. I haven't tried the mediums, so I can't say if they are big enough.

Thanks Shotgunshane, sorry for the mixup. I think if they are that large I may try the medium instead then.

Sep 4, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #997 of 7,982
I like the GR07 so much that I got myself a second pair few days ago. The new pair of GR07 sounds much better out of the box than my old one when I first listened to it. Was told by the seller that the 2nd one was from a newer batch and that even though they are the same model, no earphone will sound exactly the same due to manufacturing differences. The QC will just ensure the sound quality.    

Sep 4, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #998 of 7,982

Quote:
Well, if it was trade (which I thought that is what I read), paypal probably isn't involved in this (unless it was trade and some money exchanged hands too).

Yup that the Whole Problem Eric Ur Rught

Sep 4, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #999 of 7,982
Are you guys buying your Jays thru the UK link? I tried a Canadian link and am having problems with it. 

Sep 4, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #1,000 of 7,982

Quote:
I like the GR07 so much that I got myself a second pair few days ago. The new pair of GR07 sounds much better out of the box than my old one when I first listened to it. Was told by the seller that the 2nd one was from a newer batch and that even though they are the same model, no earphone will sound exactly the same due to manufacturing differences. The QC will just ensure the sound quality.    

did the new one come with "hard" case or soft bag ?

I thought they'd changed over to latter so was surprised that mine came with a hard case

Sep 4, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #1,001 of 7,982
While being used to the TF10 sound signature, gr07 surely bought back a lot of vocals to life...

Sep 4, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #1,002 of 7,982

Quote:
did the new one come with "hard" case or soft bag ?

I thought they'd changed over to latter so was surprised that mine came with a hard case

Hi Buckster, the cases are the same for both but I can't really determine whether they are hard or soft. I suppose they are on the soft side with a fixed roundish shape like a clam. 

Besides differences in the sound prior burn-in, the large bi-flange tips were also missing for my new pair. Regarding this, I also questioned the seller. The reply I received was that the manufacturer has removed the large bi-flange from the accessories pack. I can't confirm whether this is true 100% as my 2nd pair does not come in a sealed package. Nevertheless, in the end the seller did compensated me by giving me two sets of biflange tips for free (though not exactly the same size as the original ones).  

So yours come with the large biflange?  

Sep 4, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #1,003 of 7,982
for your reference, mine came in the round case as well, with only 1 pair of biflangles...

Quote:

Hi Buckster, the cases are the same for both but I can't really determine whether they are hard or soft. I suppose they are on the soft side with a fixed roundish shape like a clam. 

Besides differences in the sound prior burn-in, the large bi-flange tips were also missing for my new pair. Regarding this, I also questioned the seller. The reply I received was that the manufacturer has removed the large bi-flange from the accessories pack. I can't confirm whether this is true 100% as my 2nd pair does not come in a sealed package. Nevertheless, in the end the seller did compensated me by giving me two sets of biflange tips for free (though not exactly the same size as the original ones).  

Sep 4, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #1,004 of 7,982
So was it the new packaging, with more tips?

Quote:

Sep 4, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #1,005 of 7,982

Quote:

case sounds the same (actually very practical case it is too)

mine came with one pair of biflange tips - no idea of size - but I'd guess around medium or so - they're the ones I'm ussing currently

3 pairs of rubber ones of different sizes (s, m, l)

and one pair of natural coloured foams - athough they were rubbish as one of them stopped "expanding" after 3rd use !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back