VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions
Nov 15, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #227 of 310
  Hi there, just wondering if anyone has experienced any build issue with these headphones?

Personally I haven't had any issues. Early there were some cases where the strain relief on the housing of the earphone would come off due to glue not holding, but I haven't seen anything like that recently.

There are the odd report of cable issues causing sound to cut out in one ear. Hard to say how widspread it is, since non-problem cases aren't often heard from. I suppose it's worth treating the cable well and not bending, wrapping or otherwise stressing it, to be on the safe side.

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #228 of 310

Personally I haven't had any issues. Early there were some cases where the strain relief on the housing of the earphone would come off due to glue not holding, but I haven't seen anything like that recently.

There are the odd report of cable issues causing sound to cut out in one ear. Hard to say how widspread it is, since non-problem cases aren't often heard from. I suppose it's worth treating the cable well and not bending, wrapping or otherwise stressing it, to be on the safe side.

I see, thanks. I've been looking into getting a pair so just wanted to know what I'm in for. I do hope they're sturdier than they look since I sometimes forget I'm using headphones on my computer.

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #229 of 310
  I see, thanks. I've been looking into getting a pair so just wanted to know what I'm in for. I do hope they're sturdier than they look since I sometimes forget I'm using headphones on my computer.

Using the earguides will let your ear take some of the force of accidental tugging on the cable, should keep the stress to the cable itself, and along the cable and not in an abrupt angle.

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #231 of 310
  Yeah I figured. Really digging the Maroon though. Now if only they make it in BE or metal housing hehe.

They do feel very solid and well put together. Very light and nice. Sort of feel like they might be made of wood. They don't feel cheap plasticy, if that makes sense.

The above sentence is mainly subjective impressions though.

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #233 of 310
  Are the nozzles firm and tight or do the swivel around easily?

One of my pairs has the nozzles being fairly easy to move, yet also quite firm and "sluggish". The rest are varying degrees of firmer. Generally the nozzles seem to be wedged in quite well and will not swivel around even when replacing the tips, sometimes you wonder whether they indeed to swivel or not until you apply enough force to move them. I guess the more you move them the looser they will get, but unless you're like me and _constantly_ change tips, and if you don't move them around more than necessary to get a good fit and then keep them there, they'll never get overly loose. They will not move at all in normal use or when inserting into the ear in my experience.

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #234 of 310
  One of my pairs has the nozzles being fairly easy to move, yet also quite firm and "sluggish". The rest are varying degrees of firmer. Generally the nozzles seem to be wedged in quite well and will not swivel around even when replacing the tips, sometimes you wonder whether they indeed to swivel or not until you apply enough force to move them. I guess the more you move them the looser they will get, but unless you're like me and _constantly_ change tips, and if you don't move them around more than necessary to get a good fit and then keep them there, they'll never get overly loose. They will not move at all in normal use or when inserting into the ear in my experience.

Yeah, my GR07 Classic had easier to move nozzles, but my BE had very firm nozzles. You can tighten them up by kind of using a screwing motion to twist them. Some positions make them stick better. Neither had any trouble staying in place, despite difference in swivelability. 

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #236 of 310

Yeah, my GR07 Classic had easier to move nozzles, but my BE had very firm nozzles. You can tighten them up by kind of using a screwing motion to twist them. Some positions make them stick better. Neither had any trouble staying in place, despite difference in swivelability. 

so they are swivelable huh! I see 
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #237 of 310
  Swivelability lol, but I think I know what you meant. Have handled similar swivel joints before.

Be careful with that. My uncle was in a horrible swiveling nozzle accident in 1973. Never was the same since. 
wink.gif

so they are swivelable huh! I see 
wink.gif

YES! It's always important to test the swivelability of any VSonic IEM before use, lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back