VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Jul 31, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #1,231 of 2,697
Quote:
I must have the worst luck, still "processing" for me. Good to see that everyone is enjoying their new pickups though 

That's too bad. Maybe they're re-stocking or something? Mine got shipped the day after I ordered. I'd contact them to be sure, good luck!
Quote:

Oh my...talk about an upgrade!

It truly is. I'm loving these IEMS so much, absolutely nothing to complain about, other than maybe the candy cane cable (which is of great quality btw) lol.

Tried all the tips and ended up using the stock one, fits great. Not sure why people say that sound isolation isn't that good, I can't hear **** when I wear them :p

Thanks to everyone in this thread, reading it made me chose the BE and I've definitely made the right choice, in no way is the bass excessive.

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #1,233 of 2,697
Quote:

Even when music isn't playing? Or at low levels? Sadly, the isolation is the only thing that makes the GR07 not a keeper for me...

Oh, no, not in those situations. I can understand wanting it at low levels (although I find it decent at low levels too), but it doesn't make sense for when music isn't playing imo. But then again, I haven't owned many IEMS like most people here and this is my first high end one (if you guys consider this somewhat high end at least), so I haven't really seen better.

Either way I hope you can find something which fits your needs :wink:

Aug 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #1,236 of 2,697
After 100 hours of burn in (jlabaudio.com white/pink noise/ frequency sweeps during the night and songza.com bass tracks during the day for the last 5 days progressively increasing the volume), the sound characteristics has pretty much settled in. I also switched from the blue hybrid tip to the one size larger baby blue ones for a more secure fit.

All I have to say is WOW. Balanced and smooth throughout the frequency range with that slight bump in bass. The low end has great extension where the sub bass can be felt to compliment the music without overpowering. I would say that this is enjoyable with about 90% of the music I listen to (Classic and Modern Rock, Hip Hop, Pop, Reggae and Today's Hits) only lacking when listening to bass heavy electronic music. Luckily, I rarely listen to electronic and I have the Meelec M-Duo or XBA-4 for that.

The highs are energetic and instrument separation is top notch where I can differentiate the cymbals, triangle and high hats. I am not sensitive to sibilance and I would say this walks the line where I can tolerate it, only slipping on some songs (or sharp "S" in lyrics) to be noticed. But I am not offended.

Mids/Vocals takes a half step back to the rest of the sounds. I think this gives the GR07 BE that non aggressive, laid back nature.

This is the sound I like. I think I found the IEM for me. I will not hesitate to buy another one (or the or its current version down the line) whenever this dies (hopefully in three or more years).

If I were to gripe, I wish they had a headset version with mic and call/play button. That's it. Thanks guys!

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #1,238 of 2,697
Wait, what! What are these???

EDIT: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663709/vsonic-vsd1-vsd1s-reviews-impression-thread/645

Just answered my own question...

Quote:

【新品曝光】【四色细节图】VSD1系列新版细节图:骚红√ 天蓝√ 荧光绿√ 黑色√。与VSD3系列及D5不同的是,VSD1新版的外壳采用光滑面,而VSD3系列及D5则采用打磨过的菱形不规则平面(外形风格更鲜明,打磨设计可提高佩戴舒适感)。VSD1新版价格暂未定,上市时间为2014.06.01。@郁夏峰

Google translate please))))

Aug 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #1,243 of 2,697
On the GR07 Classic, I presume a new tuning, but I suspect it will be very similar to every other version (closer to the MKII) and everything else about it should be the same.  The price is right though, it was a steal before, now it's highway robbery!  Vsonic is clearly in high gear against the competition this year 
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #1,244 of 2,697
Hey everyone, after doing extensive amounts of research I've decided that the Gr07 BE's are the right iems for me. However, the only concern I still have before officially purchasing these is its build quality, as they don't look like they are made out of premium materials. The cables don't look very strong, like they would wear out on me in less than a year, even with care. So in your honest opinions, how would you guys describe the build quality on these? Is it good? bad? And are the cables anything to worry about at all? Have the cables worn out on you from your experiences? 
Thanks in advance.

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #1,245 of 2,697
Quote:
Hey everyone, after doing extensive amounts of research I've decided that the Gr07 BE's are the right iems for me. However, the only concern I still have before officially purchasing these is its build quality, as they don't look like they are made out of premium materials. The cables don't look very strong, like they would wear out on me in less than a year, even with care. So in your honest opinions, how would you guys describe the build quality on these? Is it good? bad? And are the cables anything to worry about at all? Have the cables worn out on you from your experiences? 
Thanks in advance.

I think the style is pretty industrial looking and not too flashy (though the cable may look like it in pictures, it's not so much IRL) and so I'd describe the build and materials as such.  They seem quite durable to me, and the cable also seems pretty strong while being soft to the touch and it doesn't have a tendency to tangle.  I think with at least moderate care, they will last for years.  My only complaint with the shells is that there is a fine seam that will sometimes collect dirt, but using some thin paper or plastic you can clean it pretty easily.  I like the subtle look of them, and that they're fairly low profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back