Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread - Page 44

post #646 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhii07 View Post

via TranslateGoogle

 

[New] [four-color detail exposure map] VSD1 series new details: Sao red fluorescent green √ √ √ sky blue black √. With VSD3 series and D5 is different, VSD1 new version of the shell with a smooth surface, while VSD3 series and D5 is used polished diamond irregular plane (outline style is more distinctive, polished design can improve the wearing comfort). VSD1 new price not yet set, time to market 2014.06.01.

 

[SOURCE]

 

 

Hopefully this will mean the vsd1 are sold even cheaper than what they are now. Im guessing the vsd1 must have been a big success in china to warrant vsonic bringing out different variants of the vsd1 to the market. I think vsonic want to make the vsd1 thier cash cow.

post #647 of 1890

I like how the CEO or whoever was complaining that Astrotec was copying AKG etc. but then months later we have this whole Westone/Shure inspiration thing from Vsonic. We got the shape and colors like Shure and Westone

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVSNi8mvG7yaEzoXYc9r9nN6wGnJnvH-gLHF_b75_1aWzWJgNOVQ

and how this model is gonna sound like the SE535 and that model is gonna sound like the W4.

 

I guess they gave up and joined the party. At least they had sense enough and didn't go the Monster look-a-like route.

post #648 of 1890
So I guess I should go with the VSD1?
post #649 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtron2112 View Post

So I guess I should go with the VSD1?

I'm burning in the VSD1S right now and I'll be comparing the two again tomorrow, so I'll tell you then which I think is better.

post #650 of 1890

I really can't tell still which one is truly better but I'm sticking with the D1 since it has the most burn and sounds a bit more spacious with tiny bit better bass.  I thought the 1S was made for vocal type of music.  I don't find it to sound better than the D1 in this matter or anything else.  Pretty much the same earphone to me.  

post #651 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I really can't tell still which one is truly better but I'm sticking with the D1 since it has the most burn and sounds a bit more spacious with tiny bit better bass.  I thought the 1S was made for vocal type of music.  I don't find it to sound better than the D1 in this matter or anything else.  Pretty much the same earphone to me.  

Well, they are very similar. In my first comparison the VSD1S had a touch fuller upper mids and treble, so was slightly better for female vocals but I'll check if that has changed tomorrow after I finish burning it in. Honestly the differences I mentioned the other day are very slight and probably for untrained ears the only difference will be the bass. As far as the bass goes, on my first listen the VSD1S' was the better one - as I said it is tighter and seems to extend a bit better down and it does have better impact. I'll check it with more stuff tomorrow as it seems that it has a bit more sub-bass while the VSD1 has more mid bass and it has bigger body but the difference in the impact is noticeable right away.

post #652 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Well, they are very similar. In my first comparison the VSD1S had a touch fuller upper mids and treble, so was slightly better for female vocals but I'll check if that has changed tomorrow after I finish burning it in. Honestly the differences I mentioned the other day are very slight and probably for untrained ears the only difference will be the bass. As far as the bass goes, on my first listen the VSD1S' was the better one - as I said it is tighter and seems to extend a bit better down and it does have better impact. I'll check it with more stuff tomorrow as it seems that it has a bit more sub-bass while the VSD1 has more mid bass and it has bigger body but the difference in the impact is noticeable right away.

Your hearing is better than mine my friend but I'll have a listen again and try and hear for the differences you mention. I was just hoping for bigger differences between the two I suppose.
post #653 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post


Your hearing is better than mine my friend but I'll have a listen again and try and hear for the differences you mention. I was just hoping for bigger differences between the two I suppose.

Yeah, I expected more differences too. As it stands now I have no idea why they decided to make two versions as the differences aren't that big to justify all the R&D and manufacturing different batches and such. They were probably targeting people like you and me, who would buy them bought just to hear what the difference is biggrin.gif They are both still great iems, so I don't regret getting the VSD1S and that it turned out to be too similar to its brother. I don't think though that I'll be getting the new VSD1 version next year as I have enough version right now LOL

post #654 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Yeah, I expected more differences too. As it stands now I have no idea why they decided to make two versions as the differences aren't that big to justify all the R&D and manufacturing different batches and such. They were probably targeting people like you and me, who would buy them bought just to hear what the difference is biggrin.gif They are both still great iems, so I don't regret getting the VSD1S and that it turned out to be too similar to its brother. I don't think though that I'll be getting the new VSD1 version next year as I have enough version right now LOL

I'll probably sell off one of them and make room for something else.  Both very good though and looking forward to the 2014 lineup.  

post #655 of 1890

These look great. How is the isolation? In comparison to shure se215?

post #656 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4109 View Post

These look great. How is the isolation? In comparison to shure se215?

Never heard the SE215 but used the SE535 before and I would say the VSD series do not isolate as well.  Foam tips would help but do not care for them.  They do isolate quite well though wearing them over ear.  

post #657 of 1890

Just did a quick comparison between the two after around 55 hours of burn-in on the VSD1S. It sill has tighter bass with better impact. The funny thing is that because its bass hits harder it actually sounds bassier than the VSD1. I still can't decide, which one I like more coz the VSD1's bass is smoother and because it has softer impact can be less fatiguing. The VSD1S seems to have a touch better treble - a touch fuller and maybe very slightly more pronounced but it's a very mild difference. The mids are almost exactly the same. I'll be testing them more with different stuff tomorrow to get a better picture but it will be hard to decide, which one I like more.

post #658 of 1890
Ok. I did some listening in a quiet environment tonight and kova is right on with his impressions.

The bass is tighter on the S but the 1 reaches slightly deeper. Probably why it sounds smoother and slower. Vocals have litter more air on the S. I think it's due to the treble being more pronounced. The stage seems bigger on the 1 to me still. The differences are slight and both sound excellent still. I'd be happy with either one.
post #659 of 1890
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

HOLY CRAP the VSD1 is almost exactly like the gr07 BEs but is even mo' Funner!!! L3000.gif

These are sounding so damn amazing off of my smart phone, damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

To me these have at least 80% of the sound of the gr07 BEs. Man are these things musical, so fun yet feel like i am not missing out on anything. It's got that fun yet analytical sound with tons of lushness/ sparkle without any of the bright/ sibilance, etc. Mids flying all over your face, highs well extended with some sparkle and bass is big and goes deep without bleeding into the rest of the sonic spectrum all wrapped in a pretty big/ spacious soundstage. CRAZY NICE!!!

Totally agree!
Performs above price
post #660 of 1890
Ok first l was leaning towards the 1 but now it seems the 1S might be a better choice due to it having more controlled and punchy bass; as well as the over ear fit supposedly having better isolation. Any verdict on which handles my music better now that you've finally heard both phones? Yay for run on sentences and repetitive posts :P
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread