VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Apr 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #541 of 2,697
I just got these gr07 BEs in the mail and are they supposed to smell like candy. TroLoLoLoLoLoLO.  Someone sure uses a lot of perfume.
biggrin.gif
Smells so tasty i wanna eat them esp. with those peppermint red striped cables. ha

Haven't listened to them yet,  cuz i just tossed them on the burner and will take a listen later tonight. HYPED!!!
beerchug.gif

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #542 of 2,697
Quote:
I just got these gr07 BEs in the mail and are they supposed to smell like candy. TroLoLoLoLoLoLO.  Someone sure uses a lot of perfume.
biggrin.gif
Smells so tasty i wanna eat them esp. with those peppermint red striped cables. ha

Haven't listened to them yet,  cuz i just tossed them on the burner and will take a listen later tonight. HYPED!!!
beerchug.gif

Oh no... there's goes the neighborhood!
eek.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #546 of 2,697
^ All right here are some rough initial impressions. All listening is via with my ipod classic/ nano on preset "Flat" EQ and with medium MH1C tips.

Let me just start off with saying that these are really good iems. Despite the "Bass" emphasis the entire sonic spectrum is very well balanced. These are not dark iems for sure. There is a tightness it seems in the low end as well as the mids. I would even dare to say that these are more mid-centric, though the bass is for sure a central focus as well. Hmmm hip hop/ synthetic beats/ music sounds really good with these, but acoustic/ instrumental music doesn't sound as awesome. Kinda dry sounding, though i hear a lot of nuances/ micro details in the mids interesting.......

Their sound signature/ presentation i would say is somewhere between the FXZ200 and the ATH CKN70s (though closer to the CKN70s sound as ghostfits mentioned in Dsnuts' Discovery Thread). It has that big impactful bass punch and slam of dynamic iems, yet has that lush carbon nanotube bass. There is a lot sparkle to the mids and highs along with micro details akin to those from CNT iems. The sound on these gr07 BEs has good weight to it, though it is not as big/ bold nor as powerful as that of the FXZ200s. I would say they are more musically elegant when compared to the beefy sound of the 200s. This is a really engaging sound that is for sure.

That's it for now, more to come later.....................
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #548 of 2,697
Quote:
Good so far, give them 300hr and they will shine
biggrin.gif

LMAO if atomik will let me keep them for that long.
deadhorse.gif
They are good sounding but it doesn't have that powerful 2.1 speaker/ full headphone effect of the FXZ200s that can render some albums just too beautifully.  That's why i said they are kinda like a mix of those FXZ200s and the CNT iems, such as the CKN70.

But man do they have a discreet look and fit, like WAYNE stated numerous times they are so flush and flat that you can literally sleep on your sides with these on. LoL

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #549 of 2,697
Well, I just got my GR07BE and I am impressed to say the least. These IEMs are truly transparent and bass extension is very pleasent with out any harm to mid range.
I have been using a set of well burned in Sony MDR 7550 and I still think the soundstage from the Sony is wider. I also feel the Sony are more comfortable to wear. I will burn in
the GR07BE and keep on listening. They are truly amazing.  I would like to compare these to the Sennheisers IE800 and test the law of diminishing returns.

I'd really appreciate if you can write more often about these. I'm getting mine tomorrow and I really don't wanna feel like there are just four people using these headphones.:p The original version has more than 300 pages but surprisingly this one is not getting that much attention, which makes me think if they are indeed as good as the original ones but with more bass.

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #550 of 2,697
^ All right here are some rough initial impressions. All listening is via with my ipod classic/ nano on preset "Flat" EQ and with medium MH1C tips.

Let me just start off with saying that these are really good iems. Despite the "Bass" emphasis the entire sonic spectrum is very well balanced. These are not dark iems for sure. There is a tightness it seems in the low end as well as the mids. I would even dare to say that these are more mid-centric, though the bass is for sure a central focus as well. Hmmm hip hop/ synthetic beats/ music sounds really good with these, but acoustic/ instrumental music doesn't sound as awesome. Kinda dry sounding, though i hear a lot of nuances/ micro details in the mids interesting.......

Their sound signature/ presentation i would say is somewhere between the FXZ200 and the ATH CKN70s (though closer to the CKN70s sound as ghostfits mentioned in Dsnuts' Discovery Thread). It has that big impactful bass punch and slam of dynamic iems, yet has that lush carbon nanotube bass. There is a lot sparkle to the mids and highs along with micro details akin to those from CNT iems. The sound on these gr07 BEs has good weight to it, though it is not as big/ bold nor as powerful as that of the FXZ200s. I would say they are more musically elegant when compared to the beefy sound of the 200s. This is a really engaging sound that is for sure.

That's it for now, more to come later..................... :ksc75smile:

This was fun to read. Can you describe more about this " lush carbon nanotube bass"?

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #551 of 2,697
This are an upgrade to the mk2 with better bass texture and better soundstage and intrument seperation, the midrange is more foward and natural sounding then the mki a.k.a the original. I think only 4 ppl have them but all of us should spread the w9rd about such a wonderful iem to everyone on other thread . I usually troll other thread and mention these and some gets interested in them and order them, so probably there are more ppl the we think and some doesn't believe in burn in so they usually miss the change on hearing such afe wonderful sound iem that them make judgement on open box and they say that it sound ok and soon enough sell it, some ppl give the only 100hr and say that it didn't make a different and sell them , but they really do change and becomes a truly wonderfully beautiful sonding iem which to me sound better the all my other iems and they are so natural sounding that I know they will not be able to replace them in a while, maybe when the dual dynamic driver gr07 comes out :)

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #552 of 2,697
Right now, these are the best I have - perfect amount of Bass for me and I love my Bass but do not want it overpowering the whole spectrum. The Bass is low and tight and you can feel the wrap of the drums. The best part is the mids stay nice and present as well instead of most Bass IEMs making the mids take a back seat. Love a good kick drum but also want all the other drums there as well. The highs are very crisp which is another must for me. I do not like a veiled or tamed high end. Everything just sounds great with these. I am not a huge soundstage guy as most of my music is pretty much in your face but when a nice guitar solo comes on then I notice and these do a good job on that front. Love them!!

Apr 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #553 of 2,697
Quote:
This was fun to read. Can you describe more about this " lush carbon nanotube bass"?

Sure no problem, from my experience of traditional dynamic tech iems the bass is more powerful/ impactful but it tends to be more dry and boxy sounding due to it slower decay and more sluggish speed (A perfect example of this is apples new earpods, cuz it has pretty good amount of bass but its dry and boxy in quality).

The "lush carbon nanotube bass" on the other hand is much more speedy, decays faster yet remains punchy but it's just less bold and powerful. Therefore such bass attributes combined with the micro details along with sparkly mids and great extended sparkly highs creates the effect of a very seductive and sexy sounding bass, hence the so called "lushness" of the carbon nanotube bass. It is almost as if the bass itself have this nice micro sparkly texture to it. This is why most CNT iems/ cans sounds more 3D and Hi-def than your traditional dynamic iems/ cans. Almost like watching a flat screen HD TV for the 1st time after owning CRT for most of your life. haha

But as the result of such speed and hi-def sound of CNT iems/ cans, the big and powerful bass that only dynamic iems/ headphones can deliver for now is loss. This lack of power in the low end, i would say is the only weakness of micro/ CNT and armature drivers.

Hope this helps.

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #554 of 2,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It has that big impactful bass punch and slam of dynamic iems, yet has that lush carbon nanotube bass.

Yeah, like I said.. an organic biocellulose bass
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #555 of 2,697
Mochill, I couldn't agree more.  I don't have the high-post status that many of you have, so I know my opinion (deservedly so) doesn't hold the same weight, but I think the GR07 Bass Editions are possibly the most well rounded and satisfying IEM's I've ever heard, particularly for the price.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back