Vsonic GR06 Review
Oct 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #346 of 385
After having been disappointed with the GR06 for a few months, I decided to buy the GR07 MKII for a discounted price of $130 USD from lendmeurears.com as they are having a clearance sale because I believe it is no longer produced. I hope to give some personal comparison of those two soon for those who can't decide whether to buy GR06 or GR07 :)

Oct 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #347 of 385
  After having been disappointed with the GR06 for a few months, I decided to buy the GR07 MKII for a discounted price of $130 USD from lendmeurears.com as they are having a clearance sale because I believe it is no longer produced. I hope to give some personal comparison of those two soon for those who can't decide whether to buy GR06 or GR07 :)

awaiting your impressions 

i was wondering the same thing

the gr07 is twice the price or more i think of hte gr06s

both have the same over ear design
both have the pivot nozzle (AMAZING IDEA IMO)

both look sleek and nice

cable similar

jack is nicely built

of course sound is different but still

Oct 25, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #348 of 385
So I just received my GR07 and the stock sound isn't that great, but it is a lot different compared to GR06. I can hear some sibilance and some distortion, but I expect this to go away after some burn-in. Just by the improvement in the clarity and treble, I am already impressed. There is enough bass, good treble, decent clarity in especially the highs. Isolation and build quality is not much different. One thing I've noticed is the flexibility of the GR07 cable. I personally feel that GR07 is much better to put on because the cables are more flexible.

I've heard that these require a lot of burn-in, so I'm pretty excited to hear the improvement over time.

If anyone is coming from listening to decent headphones/earphones, I would definitely recommend spending more for GR07. Now is probably the best time to pick these up for $130.

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #353 of 385
So the VSD1 and VSD1S are supposedly cheaper and better than the V sonic GR06s? What's the difference between the VSD1 and VSD1s?
I listen to vocal, rock, pop, and prefer to feel that "bump" when you hear bass :D

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #354 of 385
  i would agree

or try the gr07 classic for 99usd it just came out

might as well try something completely new!

Well, he did say under 70 bucks and also just because the gr07 classic is 99 bucks in China that doesn't mean it will cost the same when it becomes available on ebay any LMUE.

So the V1D and V1DS are supposedly cheaper and better than the V sonic GR06s? What's the difference between the V1D and V1DS? 

It's not supposedly - it's a fact. Aside from the big thread I did a quick comparison here http://www.head-fi.org/t/688120/vsonic-vsd1-or-vsd1s#post_9935768 . You can also check joker's top pick for this holiday season - I'll give you a hint - it's the VSD1S http://theheadphonelist.com/holiday-buyers-guide-best-earphones-under-50/ . As far as availabilty, I don't know about Toronto but you can buy it straight from LMUE http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=76&osCsid=1743c2cfcd8029a4c54c1c5022a3ece9 . It's discounted now and only $40 and the international shipping is free.

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #355 of 385
Guess I'll be getting the VSD1S :D. I was going to purchase the VSonic Gr06 until you guys recommended the newer version. I can't believe steelseries flux made it to the top <$50 list

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #356 of 385
  Guess I'll be getting the VSD1S :D. I was going to purchase the VSonic Gr06 until you guys recommended the newer version. I can't believe steelseries flux made it to the top <$50 list

yup try the vsd1s ! i have a used gr07 be for 100$ and they sound fabulous, if the vsd1s sound anything like it, wow winner! according to jokers review its closer to the be gr07 than the mkII gr07.

probably not the right thread but one of the best aspects of the gr07 be is that they the sound stage, and the prominent bass but not offensive, does not upset the overall balence (if anything just makes the mids ever so recessed, and thats only soo slight i find i forget it, unless i a/b it with the re400). the treble was a bit siblant to me (but thats only when comparing to the re400, but on its own i dun find the siblant an  issue anymore) i previously own the klipsch s4 and those were siblant but i couldn't get around that, the siblant on the gr07 be is so slight

overall try the vsd1s i think vsonic is a fantastic company! the gr07 is a giant killer for iems

Feb 18, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #357 of 385
  okay decision time,

so i heard vsonic is revamping their lineup,

does anyone know if the gr06 is getting revamped?

i'm debating right now if i should just pull the trigger on the gr06 right now, i never had a midcentric sound signature iem before, really intrigued me

but thing is 
i bought the re400 around july-august the 
bought the monster turbines (original) late september (used) but still

i dun really want to spend money if i can help it.

if their revamping the gr06 and anyone knows roughly when it be appreciated

ALSO second question: should i just pull the trigger on it right now? the look of it looks so classy and professional- stage monitor plus the pivoting eartip, and the HUGE ASSORTMENT OF EARTIPS and earguide too.

okayyy back down to earth

should i get em? or wait for the new ones? their 59$ on ebay right now from bigbargainstore(ssold like 700 of em think their pretty good but let me know where you got urs

thx guys

I'm thinking of getting the re-400 as an upgrade/replacement for my gr06(sound stopped working in one ear).
How do they compare?

Feb 18, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #358 of 385
  I'm thinking of getting the re-400 as an upgrade/replacement for my gr06(sound stopped working in one ear).
How do they compare?

i haven't tried the gr06 sorry but the re400s are fantastic! they are very versatile, their bass speed is about medium (not fast like the gr07be but not slow ) so that makes them versatile for many genres of music

their sort of bass light compare to most iems that people have experience these days, coming from the monster turbines and the klipsch s4 i thought they lacked bass. but the quality of the bass is very good, the bass notes are very clean and tight and well separated, with some added punch with the slight midbass hump (nothing too drastic) and they reach very low as well. 

you can check out the rest of my review on my channel (turn down you speakers, this was the first time i did a review so i'm still working out the kinks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTSAv7m5fhE

build quality is a bit lacking compare to the gr06. they look nice and seem okay but their not as premium feeling and there has been some complaints about the cable and the right side shorting out (but they do come with a 1 year warranty and it seems from previous accounts that hifiman's customer service is superb)

let me know your thought on the review or the video in general, any suggestions would be appreciated. (i'm not the most tech savy with the effects and the editing, so it was a 1 shot review really)

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #359 of 385
How do they compare?

the 400 will wipe the floor with the gr06.

of course the gr06 is stunning for the money, at itl launch price of £32 its was jaw dropping good.  the re400 is the same but costs much more.  its the same value curve so paying lots more gets you lots better sound.

the only down side is the 400 hasnt got the worlds sturdiest build and cable so if youve killed your gr06 not sure if that may be a factor for you.  btw i have a review of the 400 on here too.

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #360 of 385

Users who are viewing this thread

Back