Vivo X5Max : Audiophile powerhouse? [Sabre ES9018K2M DAC, Yamaha YSS-205X signal processor, Sabre ES9601 headphone amp and OPA1612 amplifier[
Aug 12, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #31 of 50
i am Using VIVO xshot . the audio quality sounds very close to FIIO X1 or may more bright and with lots of detail
i have used headphone
HIFIMAN RE400I
Vsonic GR07
Audio Technica IM70
SONY XBA-H3 

i found the audio quality is amazing i would same from Sony Xperia in Z5 may they add S-Master Chip. 
Vivo has doing really good in terms of Audio this mobile is actually Camera centeric but still has amazing quality Treble is very good and bass is depend what you like to listen
but the detail is amazed me specially  in Audio Technica IM70 headphone . rest all also has very good but SonyXba-H3 has too much bass cant hear the audio detail but give me lots of headache some time. i have also used Iphone 5s . HTC M8 harmann kardon edition and Z3 compact but these all all lack audio detail and clarity if i compare to Vivo xshot i will defiantly want to try Vivo x5max but i am waiting for  Vivo x5 platinum edition which is same as this one but has mediatek processor and 4150mah battery. is any one know the availability in India?

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #32 of 50
  i am Using VIVO xshot . the audio quality sounds very close to FIIO X1 or may more bright and with lots of detail
i have used headphone
HIFIMAN RE400I
Vsonic GR07
Audio Technica IM70
SONY XBA-H3 

i found the audio quality is amazing i would same from Sony Xperia in Z5 may they add S-Master Chip. 
Vivo has doing really good in terms of Audio this mobile is actually Camera centeric but still has amazing quality Treble is very good and bass is depend what you like to listen
but the detail is amazed me specially  in Audio Technica IM70 headphone . rest all also has very good but SonyXba-H3 has too much bass cant hear the audio detail but give me lots of headache some time. i have also used Iphone 5s . HTC M8 harmann kardon edition and Z3 compact but these all all lack audio detail and clarity if i compare to Vivo xshot i will defiantly want to try Vivo x5max but i am waiting for  Vivo x5 platinum edition which is same as this one but has mediatek processor and 4150mah battery. is any one know the availability in India?

Thanks for sharing.

The x5max is widely available online in India. I've seen it in quite a few brick and mortar stores too.
No  idea about the X5 platinum though.

Aug 14, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #34 of 50
Hey all, I own a Vivo X5Max, but am not sure how to describe its audio performance, as I am much more sensitive to headphones I guess :/
Also, FYI, I listen to 320 kbps mp3s, no FLAC...

Still, I used to have a Sony Xperia C3, and decided to change phone just because it sounded sooo bad. The X5Max sounds good, way, way better than my Dell Windows tablet too.

What I wanted to confirm though, is that it does have heating issues: when in a long call, at some point the person on the other hand can't hear you properly anymore, and you have to let it cool down to be heard while in a new call.

A part from that, very satisfied! And long calls burn our brains anyway :p

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #35 of 50
  Hey all, I own a Vivo X5Max, but am not sure how to describe its audio performance, as I am much more sensitive to headphones I guess :/
Also, FYI, I listen to 320 kbps mp3s, no FLAC...

Still, I used to have a Sony Xperia C3, and decided to change phone just because it sounded sooo bad. The X5Max sounds good, way, way better than my Dell Windows tablet too.

What I wanted to confirm though, is that it does have heating issues: when in a long call, at some point the person on the other hand can't hear you properly anymore, and you have to let it cool down to be heard while in a new call.

A part from that, very satisfied! And long calls burn our brains anyway :p

Congrats to u.... snapdragons = heating issues; yes - http://wccftech.com/snapdragon-820-overheating-issues/ - but not the same chip set,,,,, please try to invest in Flac type files, you'll enjoy ur listening better & use the poweramp app...

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #36 of 50
Hi guys, a quick question. I'm looking for a smartphone with good audio quality, and to run Spotify with.

Will the X5Max use their Sabre chips to play Spotify, or is the hi-fi capability only through its own music app?

The LG V10 only uses their ESS chip with their own music player, meaning Spotify won't get the hi-fi treatment.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #37 of 50
  Hi guys, a quick question. I'm looking for a smartphone with good audio quality, and to run Spotify with.

Will the X5Max use their Sabre chips to play Spotify, or is the hi-fi capability only through its own music app?

The LG V10 only uses their ESS chip with their own music player, meaning Spotify won't get the hi-fi treatment.

When I had the X5 Max for home demo, the Hi-Fi feature was only available for the stock music player. Unless Vivo has changed this with an update, I would assume it is still the case.

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #38 of 50
Yup, guess so. Still looking for that perfect hi-fi smartphone. LG V10 has provided some good news though. Tidal can run with their Sabre DAC, but not Spotify.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #39 of 50
  Yup, guess so. Still looking for that perfect hi-fi smartphone. LG V10 has provided some good news though. Tidal can run with their Sabre DAC, but not Spotify.

You may want to wait for the Vivo XPlay 5S, as it is supposed to be announced in the next few days. The V10 is not my cup of tea, but it seems like a good choice if audio is one's main priority in a phone.

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #40 of 50

You may want to wait for the Vivo XPlay 5S, as it is supposed to be announced in the next few days. The V10 is not my cup of tea, but it seems like a good choice if audio is one's main priority in a phone.

Thanks would love to read up about that.

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #41 of 50
I think only the Vivo X5 Max+ (supports Hifi 2.0) and Vivo X5 Max Platinum edition has the YAMAHA YSS-205X +  Hi-Fi 2.0(ES9018+ES9601+OPA1612)chipsets

The other variants of the Vivo X5 Max and Vivo X5 do not have them.....they just "supports Hi Fi"

http://www.vivo.com.cn/products-x.html

Dec 6, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #42 of 50
Hello fellas. I have an extra vivo x5max S Platinum edition for sale with very light use only a couple of weeks old perfect condition. If anyone was interested please pm me. I would be shipping within the united States.

Dec 6, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #43 of 50
Guys i also posted about new upcoming Best in Audio mobile meizu pro 5 vs vivo x6 plus. Please let me know what you think

http://www.head-fi.org/t/790167/meizu-pro-5-vs-vivo-x6-plus-high-end-in-audio

Feb 3, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #44 of 50
I am new to lossless sound. I used to have an M7 which isn't working anymore, I thought the sound on M7 was better than almost all phones I've tried. I ordered an x5 max onine and I was wondering if connecting my fiio e6 would make the x5max sound better or worse. 

I use a hd419 moded for bass with angled HM5 pads

Apr 6, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #45 of 50
  is VIVO x5max sound quality is close to Fiio X3 ? except the DSD doesn't support by Vivo

No, it's way worse. [Removed exaggerated comments. See further discussion.]

Vivo X5 Max:
Noise -93.4dB / Crosstalk -93.8dB
http://www.gsmarena.com/vivo_x5max-6865.php

FiiO X3 (2nd gen.):
Signal to noise ratio SNR ≥114 dB / Crosstalk >102 dB
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1137456-REG/fiio_x3_ii_x3_portable_hi_res_music.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back