Oct 16, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #106 of 117
Hi Edgar,

Here's a picture:
- Burr Brown 18bit R2R DAC
- Philips CDM3 swing-arm CD drive
- VFD display
- Discrete RDS tuner with traffic management on-chip storage
- Fully discrete analog output stages

This thing was built in 1988 as a co-operation between Magnat and Digatec :)

Only a couple thousands were built (primarily Mercedes / BMW customers)

Oct 17, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #110 of 117
Chord Hugo v2 for sale in Vienna. Mint condition, one year old, with extended warranty, original box, original accessories. Sale until Tuesday 20th of October. PM me for offers & info.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784886/chord-hugo-v2-silver-mint-condition-extended-warranty-original-box

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #112 of 117
Ill be there at 15:30. It should be ok.

Oct 17, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #113 of 117
Thank you for the great meet!

Out of all cans (Abyss, LCD3, K812, HD800, Master-1, TH900) I was surprised to like the new Beyerdynamics the most (I have disliked the previous generation because of the beyer peak) on my system. The Beyer T1 v2 turned recordings into actual performances, but only after I have added the Audioquest Jitterbug to the Chord Hugo USB cable. This was my first headfi meet and changing all the gear showed again how important system matching really is. The closed beyer 1770 pro was very impressive for the price and delivered 95% of the T1 v2 (which sounded more real and live to me). I am not sure about long term listening with the T1 v2 (1770 no problem) and have to check it out at the dealer. (the noise level in the room was pretty high also)  

Thank you again for organizing this meet.

zuio

(If I may make an suggestion: I saw that a bottle of cola was spilled over headphones (unintended / low awareness) and think that drinks (if any) should be served at the end of the meet only, or maybe some strict "no drinks on the tables" policy)

Oct 18, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #114 of 117
It was a fun meet and lots of great headphones to check out! I was particularly impressed by the Audeze LCD 2 and 3.
The modded HD800 was also fantastic. Looking forward to our next meet. Hopefully will have the larger electrostatic amp for STAX ready by then.

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #115 of 117

I took part at the Vienna Meet for the first time and it was great to meet many of you guys in person: Edgar, Nomax, Dynavit, plakat, thokli and all the others too! It was very interesting to listen to the Abyss for the first time (good, but not without weak spots), the rare IzoPhones and Dynavit's Anax-modded HD-800 for example (the first HD-800 I really enjoyed listening, still I am not sure about its adequacy for longer listening sessions).  Many thanks to the organizers and the Schnaps-providers too. :wink:

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #117 of 117
And i was stunned by the blueberry chilli schnaps !! My god what creativity. I dont remeber the name i am so sorry but i would love a bottle of that if i can buy it please

Thanks !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back