Vienna/Austria Meet October 2015?
Oct 4, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #76 of 117
Great, thanks! If I understand you will bring your T1.2, I will bring my T1.1? I'd love to hear them side by side! Maybe even measure the curve..?
If it's really noticeably better, my T1.1 will be for sale. It's 4XLR balanced terminated by the way.

Yes, thats what I'd suggest as originally I intended to bring both for a comparison. I reterminated my old T1 to XL4 as well, for the new one I'm waiting for the cable by Beyerdynamic though.

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #77 of 117
Yes, thats what I'd suggest as originally I intended to bring both for a comparison. I reterminated my old T1 to XL4 as well, for the new one I'm waiting for the cable by Beyerdynamic though.

Well.. all this talk about the T1.2 made my finger twitch and I just bought the T1.2 from Beyerdynamic.de. Reasoning: good hifi experience is better than any therapy/meditation/yoga classes etc. and cheaper too :wink: This should be the end game.. how's yours?
Hope it arrives before the 17th! So I'll be taking my T1.1 with me for comparison with your T1.2 for other people.
Hopefully the detachable XL4 cable is coming soon :)

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #79 of 117
Just saw this now and would have loved to come over from Munich, but the 17th is about the only day I can't. How often do you guys do this? And will any future meets be announced in this same thread?

Oct 6, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #80 of 117
@phonomat, hi!

Great that you found out about our meets!
We organize them approximately once in a quarter, but since Head-Fi's policy dictates closing the thread right after the meet has taken its place, we always start a new thread for each new meet. However, we collect all the names from previous meet threads and mention them in the first post of  the new thread, so that everybody is notified.
Now that you've left a post here you can be sure that you won't miss notification about the next meet.

Oct 6, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #81 of 117
Cool beans! Hope to see you Januarish then!
beerchug.gif

Have fun, guys, and I'm looking forward to reading/seeing some impressions of the meet.

Oct 7, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #82 of 117
Hi everyone,

Finally I found this thread too. I am looking forward to the 17th oct also because this will be my first meet and greet with the austrian head-fi community. If anyone is interested, I could bring my two FiiO Dacs/Headamps E17 and E10 with me. And some lower budget Headphones (AKG K550, Edifier H850 etc.).

until then, have a good time,
KoRnasteniker

P.S.: I'll update my profile asap. Haven't been here for a while...

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #84 of 117
@hugonl29: It would be great if you could bring your measurement setup! That'd be fun to compare stuff not only by ears!

Sure will! Though it's hard to make a good measurement when there's background noise of course :D But it's fun to do and can give a relative difference, not quality measurement, just a relative difference between two consecutive measurements.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #85 of 117
Edvard will also comming to our MEET&GREET(He is the managing Director of BRYSTON EUROPE&PHONON) and will bring the PHONON HP'S!!

REGRADS CRAZY NOMAX

Oct 9, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #86 of 117
Greetings from a very new member!

I live nearby vienna and would be happy to join the Oct. 17 meeting.

My gear that could be interesting?:
AK100 II & AK T5P
Modified Beyer T90 wit balanced XLR termination
Meridian Explorer2 DAC

Regards
Roman 

Oct 9, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #87 of 117
oelro, welcome both to head-fi and to the meet!

Nomax, thanks a lot! And if other people from you vast network are willing to come, they are very welcome too!

P.S. Guys, we're on fire this time! =) That's great!

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #90 of 117
I think Edgar circulated the venue and time as follows:

"In the meantime I got a confirmation from TU: Seminarraum 351 is booked on October 17th from 14:00 for us, so save the date.

The address is 1040 Gußhausstrasse 27-29 (new building of Electrical Engineering faculty), first floor. It is the same room, in which last 2 meets took place, newcomers can follow the guide signs from the main entrance.
Power strips will be provided from the Fachschaft, as well as beer and soft drinks.

See you soon!
Cheers"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back